Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Performance
  • SLI
  • Gaming
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 5, 2012 9:25:45 PM

Recently, I built my very first gaming rig. I was rather happy with it, and loved playing games because it ran so well. Although, I was a bit dissapointed with the capability of one GTX 570 in this particular game. In all others, this single graphics card blew my mind away. So, I decided to get SLI! It looked like an easy solution to up my gaming performance by up to 90%! I ordered another graphics card, and then attached it to my motherboard's second PCIE slot. I went in game, and I was delighted to see that my frames were up in the 100 range! However, there is a problem that I have been experiencing. Whenever I play with SLI enabled, when looking around the scenery, my screen tears a bit. At first, I thought it might have been due to Motion Blur. It wasnt. I thought that maybe by turning on V-Sync, it would help. Wrong! Battlefield 3's smootheness is smoother with one card than the other. This has forced me to play with SLI off in my gaming rig, completely rendering my second card that I spent 260 on completely useless. Is this a driver issue? Or maybe undeveloped software for SLI? Please help!

More about : gtx 570 sli performance issues bf3

a b U Graphics card
August 5, 2012 10:08:54 PM

Sounds like driver issue, first of all uninstall the current driver from control panel then use driver sweeper http://download.cnet.com/Driver-Sweeper/3000-2094_4-752... here it is, reboot and download the latest driver from nvidia site install the driver carefully and restart the system play game again then give us an update.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
August 5, 2012 10:30:18 PM

SilentMan7295 said:
Recently, I built my very first gaming rig. I was rather happy with it, and loved playing games because it ran so well. Although, I was a bit dissapointed with the capability of one GTX 570 in this particular game. In all others, this single graphics card blew my mind away. So, I decided to get SLI! It looked like an easy solution to up my gaming performance by up to 90%! I ordered another graphics card, and then attached it to my motherboard's second PCIE slot. I went in game, and I was delighted to see that my frames were up in the 100 range! However, there is a problem that I have been experiencing. Whenever I play with SLI enabled, when looking around the scenery, my screen tears a bit. At first, I thought it might have been due to Motion Blur. It wasnt. I thought that maybe by turning on V-Sync, it would help. Wrong! Battlefield 3's smootheness is smoother with one card than the other. This has forced me to play with SLI off in my gaming rig, completely rendering my second card that I spent 260 on completely useless. Is this a driver issue? Or maybe undeveloped software for SLI? Please help!

:/ 
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
August 5, 2012 10:45:00 PM

Battlefield 3 changed thier software support 2 days before release, and this really conflicted with the GTX 5xx series cards.

Especially in SLI, the GTX 550=580 series cards can have alot of issues with driver compatibilty.

Some people have it work flawlessly, some people say its horrible.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
August 5, 2012 10:56:35 PM

"Or maybe undeveloped software for SLI"

That's why I sidegraded from 2 560ti's to a 670. Mind you I get the same screen tearing and vsync causes too much input lag for my liking. But at least there is now no stuttering.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
August 5, 2012 11:11:22 PM

Yes i did what Pez did. See SLI is great for performance boost. But the tearings your experiencing is called micro stutter. This can happen from many variables. Like one card clocked higher than the other. vram isn't the same or even not enough vram for the settings your playing. Basically its sometimes best to just get one high performance card over 2 mid range
m
l
a c 177 U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
August 5, 2012 11:14:38 PM

SilentMan7295 said:

you fail to mention anything about your setup. What cpu do you have, maybe there is a cpu bottleneck. what motherboard? maybe your running a board with a 16x/4x pcie setup which causes problems. What power supply do you have? maybe the cards aint getting enough juice. heat issues? cards may be throttling back. Need more info about your setup please.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
August 5, 2012 11:15:11 PM

if you have the CPU strength then micro-stuttering is a non factor..
I haven't had a problem with my SLi set-up..
m
l
a b U Graphics card
August 5, 2012 11:15:19 PM

SLi will not run @ x16/x4 unless using hacked drivers.
m
l
August 6, 2012 12:00:59 AM

I did what xtreme recommended I do. The results were a lot better. I dont get as as much screen tearing or any lag while moving. However, with V-Sync on, the amount of input lag I get is ridiculous, so I have opted to stick with that off. Thank you very much xtreme. For anyone else who was wondering, my CPU is the i7-2700K, Mobo: ASUS P8ZZ7-V-Pro DELUXE.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
August 6, 2012 8:50:09 AM

Thats good cpu is not an issue niether motherboard, btw have you connected the sli bridge to the both cards.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
August 6, 2012 10:23:25 AM

Try to keep vsync off it kills many fps.
m
l
!