Games freeze on opening menu

skepy

Honorable
Aug 5, 2012
Hey guys,

Recently my computer developed a fault. Every game I seem to open crashes at the main menu and completely locks up my PC.
I am running Windows 7 Home Premium with

Intel i5-2320 @3.0ghz CPU
8gb ram
Intel HD integrated graphics

I had been playing these games for months and now they just seem to crash. It is also some Videos on the web if i go full screen.

Since the problem started I have been told many things. I uninstalled the Intel drivers and reinstalled them, I have reinstalled Windows. Still no luck.

I would love to fix this guys

PLEASE HELP!

Don't...

Bump posts

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/283384-33-read-first

skepy

Honorable
Aug 5, 2012
This isn't me bumping this is me needing urgent help. I am on page 14 with no replies. I have no chance on page 14.

Since I posted the thread. I think I discovered the cause of why it crashes. When it starts to render ANYTHING it will crash. I opened Cinema 4D for the first time in about 2 months and it crashed 2 seconds after opening.

Why would it. Integrated graphics or not, it should not be crashing. Worst thing that SHOULD happen is bad performance.

greghome

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009

Fact that it's a Intel IGP.
might sound a bit irrational, but my experience with Intel Graphics have been far worst than 99% of the people complaining about AM/ATI drivers.

From what I've known Intel's IGPs software and/or hardware sometimes lack some instruction sets or rendering engine ( especially when they were still called GMA ) that renders some details unrenderable or game not being able to launch.

There's a reason why you can launch GTA IV with a Radeon 9600 AGP, but not launch it with a Intel GMA 4500