Sign in with
Your question

Games freeze on opening menu

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 5, 2012 10:27:49 PM

Hey guys,

Recently my computer developed a fault. Every game I seem to open crashes at the main menu and completely locks up my PC.
I am running Windows 7 Home Premium with

Intel i5-2320 @3.0ghz CPU
8gb ram
Intel HD integrated graphics

I had been playing these games for months and now they just seem to crash. It is also some Videos on the web if i go full screen.

Since the problem started I have been told many things. I uninstalled the Intel drivers and reinstalled them, I have reinstalled Windows. Still no luck.

I would love to fix this guys

PLEASE HELP!

Don't...

Bump posts

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/283384-33-read-first
August 9, 2012 5:35:33 AM

This isn't me bumping this is me needing urgent help. I am on page 14 with no replies. I have no chance on page 14.

Since I posted the thread. I think I discovered the cause of why it crashes. When it starts to render ANYTHING it will crash. I opened Cinema 4D for the first time in about 2 months and it crashed 2 seconds after opening.
m
l
a c 291 U Graphics card
August 9, 2012 9:57:22 AM

What is your power supply unit? Is this a prebuilt PC?
m
l
Related resources
August 9, 2012 12:02:25 PM

I have a rather strange feeling that plugging a discrete card into the system would solve this problem.... :o 
m
l
a c 291 U Graphics card
August 9, 2012 12:41:47 PM

greghome said:
I have a rather strange feeling that plugging a discrete card into the system would solve this problem.... :o 

Why would it. Integrated graphics or not, it should not be crashing. Worst thing that SHOULD happen is bad performance.
m
l
August 9, 2012 3:22:07 PM

Sunius said:
Why would it. Integrated graphics or not, it should not be crashing. Worst thing that SHOULD happen is bad performance.

Fact that it's a Intel IGP.
might sound a bit irrational, but my experience with Intel Graphics have been far worst than 99% of the people complaining about AM/ATI drivers.

From what I've known Intel's IGPs software and/or hardware sometimes lack some instruction sets or rendering engine ( especially when they were still called GMA ) that renders some details unrenderable or game not being able to launch.

There's a reason why you can launch GTA IV with a Radeon 9600 AGP, but not launch it with a Intel GMA 4500
m
l
a c 291 U Graphics card
August 9, 2012 6:04:56 PM

Yea but it's an HD 2000 IGP. It's pretty new!
m
l
!