Solved

Asus 570 Graphics Card

Hello,
I currently have the Gigabyte z68x-ud3h-b3 motherboard and i want to upgrade my graphics card. I built this computer myself and the card I'm looking at is the Asus 570. The game i play is World of Warcraft so i dont need to much power from my gpu, however the nvidia 520 I have now surly does not cut it. My question is will my motherboard + my intel i5k 2500(3.4ghz) bottleneck and hold back my whole system and also do i need to buy a gtx 570 that only takes up 2 slots on the back of my motherboard instead because this Asus gpu takes up 3. keep in mind i have a wireless card for my internet so if you take a look at the board on google or something you could probably help me by telling me where you would suggest putting everything. I also have 8g of ddr3 ram which im happy with along with my 680 watt power supply. please provide me with all the help and tips you can, Im a young kid looking to upgrade my system so I could use some help from everyone

Thanks!!!
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about asus graphics card
  1. take this and check it out

extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp
  2. Best answer
    pineneddle said:
    Hello,
    I currently have the Gigabyte z68x-ud3h-b3 motherboard and i want to upgrade my graphics card. I built this computer myself and the card I'm looking at is the Asus 570. The game i play is World of Warcraft so i dont need to much power from my gpu, however the nvidia 520 I have now surly does not cut it. My question is will my motherboard + my intel i5k 2500(3.4ghz) bottleneck and hold back my whole system and also do i need to buy a gtx 570 that only takes up 2 slots on the back of my motherboard instead because this Asus gpu takes up 3. keep in mind i have a wireless card for my internet so if you take a look at the board on google or something you could probably help me by telling me where you would suggest putting everything. I also have 8g of ddr3 ram which im happy with along with my 680 watt power supply. please provide me with all the help and tips you can, Im a young kid looking to upgrade my system so I could use some help from everyone

Thanks!!!

You will be fine with it, you have plenty of power and you have absolutely NO bottlenecks.
  3. ok great and what about my motherboard is that an ok motherboard for gaming or will i need to upgrade in the near future
  4. Best answer selected by pineneddle.
  5. pineneddle said:
    ok great and what about my motherboard is that an ok motherboard for gaming or will i need to upgrade in the near future

The motherboard is very good you don't need to upgrade, and in the future you can SLI Gtx 570's. But id recommend a faster single gpu anyway.
  6. maxh22 said:
    The motherboard is very good you don't need to upgrade, and in the future you can SLI Gtx 570's. But id recommend a faster single gpu anyway.

but you agree that a 570 will be fine for now. i can spen $250 to $300 or a little over unless there is a significant reason to buy a more expensive card
  7. pineneddle said:
    but you agree that a 570 will be fine for now. i can spen $250 to $300 or a little over unless there is a significant reason to buy a more expensive card

How much did u buy it for? A gtx 670 is $400 and i averages 41% better than the gtx 570
  8. maxh22 said:
    How much did u buy it for? A gtx 670 is $400 and i averages 41% better than the gtx 570

well im buying it new off ebay and there like $240 so is there anything closer to $300 thats a step up in performance?
  9. pineneddle said:
    well im buying it new off ebay and there like $240 so is there anything closer to $300 thats a step up in performance?

In a week or two the gtx 660ti is gonna be on sale for $300 it is more powerful than a gtx 580 and consumes less power.

If I had $300 to spend I would invest in the gtx 660ti.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Asus Motherboards Graphics