Sound is barely audible.

killfish

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2010
I'm not sure if this is a motherboard or windows 7 issue but the sound coming out of my speakers is incredibly low. I plugged in a set of headphones and they were also extremely quiet. Have any of you come across this problem?

The motherboard is an ASUS p6x58d premium.

Thanks,
Craig.

killfish

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2010
I have all of them set to max, the weird part is the input level bar (green bar inside of the volume control) only goes up about a third of the way. Is that normal?

LePhuronn

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
more than likey not - get some music or video playing on loop inside Windows Media Player and do some more tests. Also bear in mind there's a few hidden options as well you may need to check volume on - I had a problem with a mic always recording quietly and even though I had its recording input in the Mixer set to maximum the advanced settings for the device has it down to half.

Click every button to open every property screen for your soundcard and speakers just to double-check everything is up.

Otherwise you could try re-installing drivers, plus check if there's a mixer or sound centre software that is installed with your audio and see if that's OK.

I'm out of options past that.

Latest posts