Solved

Laptop vs desktop

Ok, well heres the dilemma, I bought a samsung laptop from best buy to host 3 minecraft servers. It has a I7 3635QM, 8GB Ram, a GT 640M, a 1TB hard drive, and an 8GB ssd for cache. it seems to prefore well, (60% cpu usage, and 6GB Ram), but Im considering a desktop with almost the exact same specs, for $500 more. I cant build my own now, because best buy will only give me store credit. so the only other option is a lenovo tower. it has an I7 3770, 8GB Ram, a GT 640, and a 1TB hdd, but no cache drive. Should I take the laptop back (I really dont want to, really cool features.) or keep it?
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about laptop desktop
  1. Best answer
    The desktop has significantly better performance in both the CPU and graphics than the laptop.

However, if you ever take the laptop anywhere and/or it's already doing the job, I don't see why you'd want to replace it unless it's becoming inadequate.
  2. blazorthon said:
    The desktop has significantly better performance in both the CPU and graphics than the laptop.

However, if you ever take the laptop anywhere and/or it's already doing the job, I don't see why you'd want to replace it unless it's becoming inadequate.

Yea thats what I was hoping, just like reassurance on things like this...
  3. Best answer selected by Hammy12Edgar.
  4. Glad to help.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Laptops RAM Desktops