Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Laptop vs desktop

Last response: in CPUs
February 9, 2013 6:49:46 AM

Ok, well heres the dilemma, I bought a samsung laptop from best buy to host 3 minecraft servers. It has a I7 3635QM, 8GB Ram, a GT 640M, a 1TB hard drive, and an 8GB ssd for cache. it seems to prefore well, (60% cpu usage, and 6GB Ram), but Im considering a desktop with almost the exact same specs, for $500 more. I cant build my own now, because best buy will only give me store credit. so the only other option is a lenovo tower. it has an I7 3770, 8GB Ram, a GT 640, and a 1TB hdd, but no cache drive. Should I take the laptop back (I really dont want to, really cool features.) or keep it?

More about : laptop desktop

Best solution

a b à CPUs
a b D Laptop
February 9, 2013 7:02:28 AM

The desktop has significantly better performance in both the CPU and graphics than the laptop.

However, if you ever take the laptop anywhere and/or it's already doing the job, I don't see why you'd want to replace it unless it's becoming inadequate.
February 9, 2013 7:08:08 AM

blazorthon said:
The desktop has significantly better performance in both the CPU and graphics than the laptop.

However, if you ever take the laptop anywhere and/or it's already doing the job, I don't see why you'd want to replace it unless it's becoming inadequate.

Yea thats what I was hoping, just like reassurance on things like this...
Related resources
February 9, 2013 7:31:06 AM

Best answer selected by Hammy12Edgar.
a b à CPUs
a b D Laptop
February 9, 2013 7:32:26 AM

Glad to help.
!