Solved

Which card is best for battlefield 3

I have a 120hz monitor with resolution of 1920 by 1080. I wish to play this game with MAXIMUM settings. Which is better ? HD7950 3gb or HD7970. Thank you.
20 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about which card battlefield
  1. All 7970s have 3gb of VRAM. Those are not distinct varieties.
    If you really want to get 120 frames per second in BF3 on maxed settings you'll need two 7970s or 670s. If you only want 60, one of either will do.
  2. Best answer
    Well they are both great cards but to answer your question the GTX 670 will perform better in your preferred game-types (BF3, GTA IV, open world games like Skyrim and Fallout 3). It's also cheaper than 7970, and allows gaming with PhysX and Adaptive VSync.
    http://hardocp.com/article/2012/04/16/nvidia_adaptive_vsync_technology_review/

    http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/HD_7970_GHz_Edition/27.html TechPoweUp gives the 7970 Ghz Edition an 8.5 rating
    http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/HD_7970_GHz_Edition/33.html
    TechPoweUp gives the MSI GTX 670 Power Edition Twin Frozr IV an 9.7 rating http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/MSI/GTX_670_Power_Edition/
    Quote :MSI's GTX 670 Power Edition uses the famous Twin Frozr IV cooler from the MSI Lightning and comes with a large clock speed boost out of the box, making its default clock speed even higher than GTX 680 stock clocks. MSI is asking a $30 price premium for their card, which doesn't look unreasonable, given the improved cooling and higher clocks.TechPoweUp gives the 670 TOP an 10.0 rating, the only 10.0 rating ever
    http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ASUS/GeForce_GTX_670_Direct_Cu_II/33.html

    Quote :

    Overall the ASUS GTX 670 Direct CU II is the best card I ever tested.I simply can't find anything wrong with it.
  3. +1 670

    I play all games maxed
  4. A 7970 Ghz edition will slaughter the 670 and bash the 680 if you push it further.
  5. Here's a simple benchmark comparison i don't want anybody accusing me of any non sense lol
    GTX 670 vs Radeon HD 7950
    http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/598?vs=550
  6. 7970 Ghz edition will slaughter the 670 and bash the 680 well :sarcastic: OP you need to realize these are fanboy blanket statements nothing more make them prove it or take it with a grain of salt your question is about BF3 correct ?If so 670 is the better choice.Let me know if you need anymore real proof. ;)
  7. Smeg45 said:
    A 7970 Ghz edition will slaughter the 670 and bash the 680 if you push it further.

    Not in Battlefield 3!





    Stock GTX 670 too! Almost all of the 670's now on the market are clocked higher than this too.
  8. What drivers are those benchmarks based on?
  9. Smeg45 said:
    What drivers are those benchmarks based on?


    Give it up, Battlefield 3 is a nVidia game, just as Crysis is an AMD favorite.
  10. claysm said:
    Give it up, Battlefield 3 is a nVidia game, just as Crysis is an AMD favorite.
    +1 we need to be gentle it's hard for fanboys to accept these sort of things. ;)
  11. bigcyco1 said:
    +1 we need to be gentle it's hard for fanboys to accept these sort of things. ;)


    I know eh, it's like we just use multiple games for reviews only for fun.
  12. I'd take the higher RAM amount and bandwith over the 670 any day,
  13. Smeg45 said:
    I'd take the higher RAM amount and bandwith over the 670 any day,


    Yeah but I don't think that there is any game on the market right now that actually needs 3GB of VRAM on a 384-bit bus. It's certainly nice, but look at the results that amuffin posted, it didn't make a difference even at 5670x1200.
  14. claysm said:
    Yeah but I don't think that there is any game on the market right now that actually needs 3GB of VRAM on a 384-bit bus. It's certainly nice, but look at the results that amuffin posted, it didn't make a difference even at 5670x1200.


    BF3 sacrifices a lot of image quality to maintain performance.

    In games such as Metro 2033, Crysis 2, Skyrim it definitely helps to have the extra capacity and bandwidth
  15. Pinhedd said:
    BF3 sacrifices a lot of image quality to maintain performance.

    In games such as Metro 2033, Crysis 2, Skyrim it definitely helps to have the extra capacity and bandwidth


    You're certainly right, but only for such large resolutions, i.e. 2560+. For the OP though, a single 1080p monitor doesn't need it.
  16. Smeg45 said:
    I'd take the higher RAM amount and bandwith over the 670 any day,
    Nobody said a 7970 was a bad card of course it's a beast of a card but it doesn't matter what you would pick for the OP and the game he intends to play a GTX 670 is a better choice ;)
  17. 670 SLI ran great when I had 1 120hz/3d monitor. 120hz is gorgeous!
  18. Swolern said:
    670 SLI ran great when I had 1 120hz/3d monitor. 120hz is gorgeous!


    :P 670 SLI runs everything great.
  19. I'll be running 660ti sli soon..... ;)
  20. amuffin said:
    I'll be running 660ti sli soon..... ;)


    Wanna loan me one? I promise I'll give it right back after I'm done with it. :P
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Battlefield Resolution Monitors Graphics