My 4.5 years old PC kinda died on me,
and it was a limiting DAW back when it worked perfectly so I decided to upgrade my system.
I'm a musician and use the PC as a DAW - for recording, producing etc.
I'm pretty low on funds, so I figured I can stick with my
1. old case
3. Graphics card(Nvidia 9500GT) [or use intel graphics that will come with the new CPU]
4. Hard Drives
5. Burner, Screens, Keyboard etc...
and just buy a new MotherBoard, CPU, and RAM.
What would you suggest to get for a budget of about 350$-400$ ?
(Hope I'm not dping... there's more questions coming up as I go, and with the info I get)
Because the prices where I live are a lil' higher, I decided to go with i5 3470
since I don't intend to overclock, and the 0.2GHz differnce doesn't worth the 65$[where i live] from 3470 to 3570k.
So now I have a few more questions(Low noise is important):
1) The motherboard. I looked at the differences and could see features differnces,
non seemed crucial, but still I'm being told there will be a PERFORMENCE DIFFERENCE between different boards.
is that right?
2) Which PSU brands/models can I trust?
3) Which CPU fan brands/models can I trust?
4) Which RAM brands/models can I trust? (although if I go 2X4GB DDR 3 1600 and choose a good brand like kingston or crossair, it doesn't really matter that much exactly which I choose right? BTW - it doesn't matter if I get 1X8GB or 2X4GB right? almost no price differnce so I figure why not?)