Joe

Hi all. Running Windows XP Home. Dell Computer. Not sure if that matters,
but when I go to start, 'help and support', next window at the bottom, where
it says "Did You Know" it states, 'When you are connected to the Internet,
this area will display links to' yadayadayada and so on. My question is, I
have cable connection, but this area never updates to anything pertaining to
what it says it will display, 'help'. I remember this use to work on my
previous computer running Windows 98. I hope this question makes sense?
Thanks very much in advance for your Help.

peter

My H & S "Did you know" has only worked once in the last year. I emailed
Microsoft Support and they finally acknowledged a problem at their end,
which it seems hasn't been sorted out. That was 2 months ago. I guess it's
not on a high priority list.

--
Peter
Toronto, Canada
"Joe" <noway@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all. Running Windows XP Home. Dell Computer. Not sure if that matters,
> but when I go to start, 'help and support', next window at the bottom,
> where it says "Did You Know" it states, 'When you are connected to the
> Internet, this area will display links to' yadayadayada and so on. My
> question is, I have cable connection, but this area never updates to
> anything pertaining to what it says it will display, 'help'. I remember
> this use to work on my previous computer running Windows 98. I hope this
> question makes sense?
> Thanks very much in advance for your Help.

hi,
i read your post and opened help and support. I have ADSL connecting (always
connected) but the areae acts like what you said. it will be a bug of help
and support...i'm searching a fix for it

"Joe" <noway@hotmail.com>, haber iletisinde þunlarý
yazdý:%23HYPXM2rFHA.3796@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...

On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 22:07:28 -0400, Joe wrote:

> Hi all. Running Windows XP Home. Dell Computer. Not sure if that matters,
> but when I go to start, 'help and support', next window at the bottom, where
> it says "Did You Know" it states, 'When you are connected to the Internet,
> this area will display links to' yadayadayada and so on. My question is, I
> have cable connection, but this area never updates to anything pertaining to
> what it says it will display, 'help'. I remember this use to work on my
> previous computer running Windows 98. I hope this question makes sense?
> Thanks very much in advance for your Help.

Mine hasn't worked for ages either. It restarted once when I uninstalled
all anti-spyware programs and reset IE to default settings and to default
browser (it already was but reset it anyhow). Then stopped again about a
week later. I tried repeating the steps that worked the one time but it
stayed broken.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Joe

Hey guys thanks for replying. I thought I broke something, again. I know
it's not a priority with them but it definitley should work or don't put it
there.
Thanks again for your help.