Solved

Opinions and advice on my gaming pc build 2012

Ok so i've got everything set that i want in my pc, but i'm a little unsure as to what graphics card i will need to play Guildwars 2, BF3 on ultra with a decent fps, here is my pc at the moment, all advice welcome and would be much appreciated.

GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC edition OR Sapphire Radeon hd 7850 OC edition, need advice on this please, if you can tell me roughly how many fps i'd get with everything on ultra with both these cards in games like Guildwars 2 and BF3.

RAM: G.Skill 16 GB (4x4GB) DDR3

PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 750W

CASE: CoolerMaster Storm Enforcer

MOBO: ASRock Z77 extreme4

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570k

SSD: Sandisk 120GB

HARDDRIVE: 1tb Seagate Barracuda

My budget is around 1200 can be a bit more but i want a system that runs games on ultra around the 60 fps mark , would this do the job, also which out of the 2 gpu's i have stated, the 7970 is almost 500 and the 7850 is a bit over 200, will i need the 7970 to run games max 60fps??? all help and answers are appreciated so much, sorry if i come off nooby, i've never built a pc before, btw res will be at 1920-1080
16 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about opinions advice gaming build 2012
  1. No, the 7850 won't suffice for maxing out games at 60 FPS. It can run them but whether it's smooth for you I cannot promise.
  2. FinneousPJ said:
    No, the 7850 won't suffice for maxing out games at 60 FPS. It can run them but whether it's smooth for you I cannot promise.

    ok thanks... so what graphics card should i get that will not be overboard, is the 7970 overboard? can i run games maxxed with something a little less? or should i just spend the 450 on the 7970
  3. You need the 7970 if you need to get 60 FPS
    http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/radeon-hd-7970-ghz-edition-review-benchmark,review-32468-7.html

    You might be able to hit 60 on an overclocked 7950 though.
  4. The 7970 is what you want. 54 frames average on high setting with all extras maxed out.
  5. FinneousPJ said:
    You need the 7970 if you need to get 60 FPS
    http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/radeon-hd-7970-ghz-edition-review-benchmark,review-32468-7.html

    You might be able to hit 60 on an overclocked 7950 though.

    thanks for that link helped alot.. so yeh how does the rest of my pc look?? would you classify it as high end or medium end, and will all this gear give me a super fast gaming pc?
  6. allanitomwesh said:
    The 7970 is what you want. 54 frames average on high setting with all extras maxed out.

    54 fps.. what would you say is a good super smooth fps to play on..... and also will frames go down real bad when i go to cities.. like when i played rift on my laptop i was getting around 50 fps, but as soon as i entered a populated area it would dip down to 15 and ruined my experience of rift tho..
  7. Benchmarks are based on the level with the worst frame rates,anything higher than 30 is smooth,anything higher than 60 is flawless. 54 on ultra is awesome.
    If you're really worried about it get the Ghz Edition 7970 which performs even better,especially overclocked.
  8. allanitomwesh said:
    Benchmarks are based on the level with the worst frame rates,anything higher than 30 is smooth,anything higher than 60 is flawless. 54 on ultra is awesome.
    If you're really worried about it get the Ghz Edition 7970 which performs even better,especially overclocked.

    ohhh i didnt know that the benchmarks are based on worst frame rates... alright well ill grab the sapphire radeon 7970 GHZ edition, so my setup with that gpu, and all the rest of my system as stated above.. will be sweet and will be a real awesome gaming pc right? or is it really not that spectacular lol
  9. It's a great setup,enviable.
  10. allanitomwesh said:
    It's a great setup,enviable.

    thanks i dont have a budget as im 16 and got a full time job with no rent or expenses or anything to pay, getting like 500 a week so i will have enough money for this pc in no time at all so if you have any upgrades u can suggest ill look at it and put it in my build i just want the best pc for playing on ultra without going overboard and without going to far ahead of what i need
  11. Awesome.

    Yeah the i5 and a 7970 is about as good as it gets for single GPU single screen gaming.
  12. Best answer
    Well,there isn't much,just maybe more premium parts.
    You can change the Antec HCG for a FSP Aurum Gold
    You can change the enforcer for a Corsair 650D
    You can change the Sandisk for a Corsair Force GS
    You can get the TOXIC sapphire 7970 ghz ed.
  13. allanitomwesh said:
    Well,there isn't much,just maybe more premium parts.
    You can change the Antec HCG for a FSP Aurum Gold
    You can change the enforcer for a Corsair 650D
    You can change the Sandisk for a Corsair Force GS
    You can get the TOXIC sapphire 7970 ghz ed.

    thanks heaps for your opinion and advice, helped alot in my decisions
  14. FinneousPJ said:
    Awesome.

    Yeah the i5 and a 7970 is about as good as it gets for single GPU single screen gaming.

    thanks for your opinions, confirmed what i needed to know :)
  15. You're welcome.

    If ever you do need to overclock your cpu,you can get a xigmatek dark knight II cooler.

    Pick a best answer to close the thread.
  16. Best answer selected by Whitling.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Systems