Sign in with
Your question

AcBel CE2 500W (max 550W) Causing Problems?

Last response: in Components
February 9, 2013 8:31:05 AM

My friend has an AcBel CE2 500W (max 550W) psu in his rig with the following specs:

intel i5 2400
asus HD6770
8gb ram @1333mhz

Recently he has been having problems relating to his gpu. Sometimes, upon startup, his monitor reads 'no signal' even though the hdmi cable is plugged in. Also, when his pc is running fine the display randomly freezes while doing normal tasks (e.g. internet bowsing, word, etc) and the only way to recover is by doing a forced restart.
We have tried changing the hdmi cable and both the 12.10 & 13.1 catalyst drivers but the problems still persist.

I think that the problem may be the psu (not 100% sure though) because it is made by AcBel, which isn't known for good psu's. Can anyone confirm this for me? Nothing has been overclocked in the rig.

February 18, 2013 5:38:32 AM

?? Anyone know the answer? Or can give any input at all?
m
l
March 15, 2014 4:05:40 AM

looks like no review..
m
l
a c 280 ) Power supply
March 15, 2014 10:54:16 AM

zyx410 said:
My friend has an AcBel CE2 500W (max 550W) psu in his rig with the following specs:

intel i5 2400
asus HD6770
8gb ram @1333mhz

Recently he has been having problems relating to his gpu. Sometimes, upon startup, his monitor reads 'no signal' even though the hdmi cable is plugged in. Also, when his pc is running fine the display randomly freezes while doing normal tasks (e.g. internet bowsing, word, etc) and the only way to recover is by doing a forced restart.
We have tried changing the hdmi cable and both the 12.10 & 13.1 catalyst drivers but the problems still persist.

I think that the problem may be the psu (not 100% sure though) because it is made by AcBel, which isn't known for good psu's. Can anyone confirm this for me? Nothing has been overclocked in the rig.

Hi - Altho it is likely the PSU, it could also be the GPU on it's way out. It could also be a bad ram stick.
The one review I found on Acbel PSU (a 600w model) stated it could only deliver half it's rated power.

Try memtest on each ram stick 1st. If you are able to put than GPU in another PC, you could at least narrow
it down tot he PSU or GPU (assuming your ram sticks pass memtest). In any event, I would upgrade an
Acbel PSU when I could afford to do so.

m
l
!