Help!!

a b à CPUs
September 2, 2005 9:35:09 PM

Ok this is about my cpu it gets very loud and fast but i no the cause its
'system idol process' when i open the task manager it says its taking up 92
cpu can you help me stop this?

Wanna Make you or your friend a P.I.M.P?
Just givem this link http://www.outpimp.com/?x=481571467

More about : question

Anonymous
a b à CPUs
September 2, 2005 9:35:10 PM

Asked and answered in other newsgroups.

"Richie Dawson" <richous@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
news:o KFNGx9rFHA.1788@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
| Ok this is about my cpu it gets very loud and fast but i no the cause its
| 'system idol process' when i open the task manager it says its taking up
92
| cpu can you help me stop this?
|
| ---------------------------------------------------------
| Wanna Make you or your friend a P.I.M.P?
| Just givem this link http://www.outpimp.com/?x=481571467

Anonymous
a b à CPUs
September 2, 2005 11:03:08 PM

Tom Pepper Willett wrote:
> Asked and answered in other newsgroups.

Richie,

I'm having trouble deciphering your meaning - however...

If your system idle process is taking up most of your CPU time - that is
good. That means you have 92% left to give to other applications.

If you mean you don't understand how your system idle could be so high yet
your computer is loud - those too are not necessarily related. If your
system is running hot (for whatever reason) then the fans could be kicking
in. Your hard drive, video card and other components contribute to the heat
of your system - as well as the cooling capabilities and air temperature
around you and the computer. Check these things.

Also - you could just have a busted fan.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Tom

I would expect you to have been more helpful.. you should take note of the
way that Shenan has answered the OP..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"Tom Pepper Willett" <tompepper@mvps.invalid> wrote in message
> Asked and answered in other newsgroups.
>
> "Richie Dawson" <richous@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:o KFNGx9rFHA.1788@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> | Ok this is about my cpu it gets very loud and fast but i no the cause
> its
> | 'system idol process' when i open the task manager it says its taking up
> 92
> | cpu can you help me stop this?
> |
> | ---------------------------------------------------------
> | Wanna Make you or your friend a P.I.M.P?
> | Just givem this link http://www.outpimp.com/?x=481571467

Anonymous
a b à CPUs
September 3, 2005 2:19:36 PM

Thanks that helps :-)
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
September 6, 2005 8:13:36 AM

Mike Hall (MS-MVP) wrote:
> Tom
>
> I would expect you to have been more helpful.. you should take note
> of the way that Shenan has answered the OP..

Er, Tom *was* being helpful - this cretin's multiposted to practically every
MS group in existence - it's appeared in all the Office groups too.
!