GPU Way too hot

Just bought 2 evga gtx 670's. Whenever i put any stress on them they heat up to 80-85 sometime even up to 90 when playing the witcher 2 maxxed out.....my fans are bumped up to 100% and they are still getting that hot. Am i doing something wrong or is this normal. I heard somewhere that at 80 the cards throttle themselves down is this true?

Thank you in advance for the help!
4 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware
  1. SLI its hotter. You didnt mention the ambient temp.
  2. Yep, 670's start to down clock at 70c. That is way too high for temps. What case do you have? Are your cards getting enough air? I have a fairly well flowing case, Corsair Carbide 300R, and with two fans feeding a single EVGA 670 FTW. My card struggles to hit 60c during benchmarking/extreme gameplay.
  3. johnnychuttz said:
    Yep, 670's start to down clock at 70c. That is way too high for temps. What case do you have? Are your cards getting enough air? I have a fairly well flowing case, Corsair Carbide 300R, and with two fans feeding a single EVGA 670 FTW. My card struggles to hit 60c during benchmarking/extreme gameplay.

I have a thermaltake chaser mk-1

http://www.flickr.com/photos/84412941@N08/

I have fans in every possible spot that a fan can go my cable management is very good so the airflow should be good

the idle temp for the cards is about 36.

when i play BF3 with gpu fans at full the temps are 69-72
  4. crisan_tiberiu said:
    SLI its hotter. You didnt mention the ambient temp.

My idle temps are 34-36

BF3 temps with fans at max are 69-72 the airflow of my case is great i hope my cards aren't jacked up
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia GPUs Graphics