Choosing parts - case, HSF, PSU

Banchou

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2011
Hey everyone,
I'm in a need for new parts for my PC. What I'm looking for are some suggestions and comments on which brands should I choose and will the chosen parts serve me well. Also I'm on a budged. I have a different currency in my country so it's hard to tell the exact amount of money I can spare, but my guess is it should be around 220 in $.

My current system specs:

Motherboard: ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3

CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 955 Black Edition 3.2 GHz

RAM: x2 2GB Kingston 1333MHz DDR3 (4GB total memory)

GPU: ATI Radeon HD 5670 1GB

HDD: WD Sapphire Black 500 GB

PSU: Modecom Premium 500W

My motherboard's form fator is uATX Form Factor 9.6 inch x 9.6 inch ( 24.4 cm x 24.4 cm ) I guess that qualifies as MicroATX which should fit in a mini tower case. Because of that I had a tought of a new more compact case like Fractal Design's Core 1000 Micro ATX case -

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811352009&Tpk=Fractal%20Design%20Core%201000

Would it be alright to put my PC's parts in such a small case - will the cooling be alright and is Fractal Design a good brand in terms of quality? I like it's design and it comes with an extra fan in front of the case.

Since my CPU's stock heatsink went bust I'm looking for a new one. I guess Cooler Master is good at making those, but then again I'm not really sure about that or what heatsink should I choose for my CPU to keep it cool. I'm not looking to overclock my CPU. My motherboard has AM3+ socket.

Then the last thing I need is the PSU. Currently I'm looking at Corsair 650W VS650. I think it could serve me well if I choose to go with a better GPU in future.

So like I said what are your suggestions and toughts on my choice of parts and could you help me out with that heatsink?

Thanks in advance.