XP Start Menu

Wouldn’t ya know, just when I think I have my image all perfected to deploy
new PCs, I find another odd thing.

Two issues I’m wondering if anyone has encountered.

1) Had selected to display the QUICKLAUNCH and all looked fine, but now when
I create a new profile (based upon the Default Profile I made), the Quick
Launch is still showing, but all the icons disappeared.

2) New user profiles cannot see ACCESSORIES in their Start => Programs
menu. This folder does exist in ALL USERS folder under Documents & Settings.
I thought if something was selected for all users, that every user that logs
in should see it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Kim
2 answers Last reply
More about start menu

    Try saving the wanted profile to "Dafault User" and see if its a go.

    "Kim Greene" wrote:

    > Wouldn’t ya know, just when I think I have my image all perfected to deploy
    > new PCs, I find another odd thing.
    >
    > Two issues I’m wondering if anyone has encountered.
    >
    > 1) Had selected to display the QUICKLAUNCH and all looked fine, but now when
    > I create a new profile (based upon the Default Profile I made), the Quick
    > Launch is still showing, but all the icons disappeared.
    >
    > 2) New user profiles cannot see ACCESSORIES in their Start => Programs
    > menu. This folder does exist in ALL USERS folder under Documents & Settings.
    > I thought if something was selected for all users, that every user that logs
    > in should see it.
    >
    > Any suggestions?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Kim

    Actually, I had created that Default User profile. It must've became corrupt
    somehow. I created a new one and it is fine. We can close this thread.

    Thanks,

    Kim

    "John G" wrote:

    > Try saving the wanted profile to "Dafault User" and see if its a go.
    >
    > "Kim Greene" wrote:
    >
    > > Wouldn’t ya know, just when I think I have my image all perfected to deploy
    > > new PCs, I find another odd thing.
    > >
    > > Two issues I’m wondering if anyone has encountered.
    > >
    > > 1) Had selected to display the QUICKLAUNCH and all looked fine, but now when
    > > I create a new profile (based upon the Default Profile I made), the Quick
    > > Launch is still showing, but all the icons disappeared.
    > >
    > > 2) New user profiles cannot see ACCESSORIES in their Start => Programs
    > > menu. This folder does exist in ALL USERS folder under Documents & Settings.
    > > I thought if something was selected for all users, that every user that logs
    > > in should see it.
    > >
    > > Any suggestions?
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > >
    > > Kim