HDCP Compliance issues with build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxai

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2012
Hello,

Having a problem playing Bluray discs without the use of AnyDVD and even with the use of it (for brand new discs).

When running the almost pointless CL BD Advisor tool, it states the only error is Video Connection Type: Digital (without HDCP).
PowerDVD12 gives an error code of 0110.

My GPU is an XFX Radeon HD5670 which should be HDCP compliant, it is then going HDMI to HDMI to the monitor, a Hannspree HT09 (Model T281H) which as far as I can tell is also HDCP compliant.

Not sure where the underlying issue is here. BD player is Pioneer BDR-207DBK 1.21 (Most recent drivers). GPU also has most recent drivers.

Edit: Unplugged random VGA cable, switched HDMI socket and removed all other connection cables, still no change.

Any ideas?

dxai

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2012
Yep, everything checks out fine.

Running both MPC/CCCP (Can play BD's with AnyDVD without issue) and PowerDVDU12.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
AnyDVD bypasses the need for HDCP, I believe so you can't use it as a gauge.

Have you tried a different HDMI cable?

Also, you may consider uninstalling your video players and re-installing them (with all of their updates). It is possible that your software isn't recognizing the lateest firmware as applied to the BD player.

You might also consider re-applying the latest firmware release to the Pioneer just to verify it properly installed.

dxai

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2012
Yes.

Considering whether the dvi port on the HD5670 is hdcp compliant and not the hdmi but cannot find anything to confirm.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Yes, it should be compliant. Have you tried using it? Just keep in mind that audio doesn't get passed via DVI. You can connect your on-board audio to your HDTV or to your speakers for sound.

dxai

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2012
Onboard audio is currently going to a separate speaker system.
Do not have DVI to HDMI cable so can't check whether that works.

dxai

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2012
lhjDx.png

COLGeek

Cybernaut
On the monitor, you should have a menu that you can modify settings with. Things like adjust volume output, darkness, contrast, etc. Some monitors will let you tweak connection settings.

Based on the screen capture you posted, there seems to be an issue with the display. Were you connected via HDMI when you captured that?

What rez are you running to that Hannspree? I see from the specs that it has a native rez of 1920x1200, even though it's a 1080p TV. HDCP verification might be getting tripped up when sending 1080p (1920x1080 @60Hz) DRM video to the display.

If you are running 1920x1200, try to manually set your output to 1920x1080 @60Hz and see if it clears the HDCP error.

dxai

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2012
rwpritchett - Tried on various resolutions including restarts. No difference.
COLGeek - Tried both HDMI ports.

jvbiii

Reputable
Apr 15, 2014

Hello,
I saw your HDCP issue which you posted back in 2012. I just bought a new computer which has the exact same issue. The last advice someone gave you was to "Try the DVI adapter route and check the results. ". did that work for you?

I see many people have this same issue but I have yet to find the solution. Did you solve this problem?
thanks. jvb

vegetablegod

Honorable
Jan 27, 2014
I am having this same issue with my RCA 42" connected to my pc with a GTX 970 and a LG monitor connected through DVI. I have a DVI to HDMI adapter and it still will not work.... Whats worse is it use to work just fine so I'm forced to believe its a CyberLink problem

edrays1971

Reputable
Oct 25, 2015
Hey all
I have been having the same issue for months and think I may have an answer. Now I am only saying this cured my problem. By no means am I a technology wizard. I have an nvidia graphics card that is connected to both my TV and monitor. What I found was when I watched blu-rays and switched off my monitor I kept getting the error code 0110 just as you guys have. When I left the monitor on no problems but It puzzled me as I knew both monitor and TV were HDCP compliant. After installing a new graphics driver I decided to run through my settings. I noticed that I had both screens cloned with my monitor. I decided to change this to extended desktop and have found no recurrence of the error 0110. I do have the annoyance of having to drag power dvd over to my TV but I prefer that than to place a towel over my monitor whenever I want to watch a film. As I said I found this works for me and am curious to see if it helps anyone else. If so perhaps someone with a little more technical no how can come up with a solution so we can clone screens and still watch blu-rays.

edrays1971

Reputable
Oct 25, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.