IS my graphics card working correctly?

I just got a laptop a couple of days ago and it comes with the HD 6650m, (plus the integrated HD 6520G) as soon as I got it I installed minecraft and I played it at 60+ fps..Now when I play it I get around 30. I was playing the indie game "slender" today and I got maybe 20fps on such a low graphics game!?
I went into "graphic properties" and set it to "gaming mode" but it's still not running fast..
Any help will be appreciated! :sweat:
3 answers Last reply
More about graphics card working correctly
  1. what resolution are you playing at?
    What setting are you using?
    Did you running it with latest amd driver?
  2. xtreme5 said:
    what resolution are you playing at?
    What setting are you using?
    Did you running it with latest amd driver?

Minecraft doesn't have a resolution setting..
    I'm running with fog completely off, so I see supppper far..
    Clouds are on..
    Graphics are fancy..
    Smooth lighting is on..
    Everything is on high except for Open GL rendering which slows it down a ton.
    But I set everything on my computer to high performance and have no background applications running..
    I don't think i'm running on the latest driver, but that wouldn't make sense because I haven't even touched the drivers..And when I got it it WAS running faster without the newest drivers, which Is till haven't updated..
  3. Minecraft doesn't have a resolution setting..
    I'm running with fog completely off, so I see supppper far..
    Clouds are on..
    Graphics are fancy..
    Smooth lighting is on..
    Everything is on high except for Open GL rendering which slows it down a ton.
    But I set everything on my computer to high performance and have no background applications running..
    I don't think i'm running on the latest driver, but that wouldn't make sense because I haven't even touched the drivers..And when I got it it WAS running faster without the newest drivers, which Is till haven't updated..

When i first got mine,my specs are Intel core(r) i5-2430M CPU and 2.40GHz
    RAM:6.00GB

with no i mean no lag at all and now after a year i can't really play on fast sometimes.
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Graphics Cards HD Graphics