IS my graphics card working correctly?

Xillra

Honorable
Aug 6, 2012
I just got a laptop a couple of days ago and it comes with the HD 6650m, (plus the integrated HD 6520G) as soon as I got it I installed minecraft and I played it at 60+ fps..Now when I play it I get around 30. I was playing the indie game "slender" today and I got maybe 20fps on such a low graphics game!?
I went into "graphic properties" and set it to "gaming mode" but it's still not running fast..
Any help will be appreciated! :sweat:

Xillra

Honorable
Aug 6, 2012

Minecraft doesn't have a resolution setting..
I'm running with fog completely off, so I see supppper far..
Clouds are on..
Graphics are fancy..
Smooth lighting is on..
Everything is on high except for Open GL rendering which slows it down a ton.
But I set everything on my computer to high performance and have no background applications running..
I don't think i'm running on the latest driver, but that wouldn't make sense because I haven't even touched the drivers..And when I got it it WAS running faster without the newest drivers, which Is till haven't updated..

dmarco3000

Honorable
Dec 30, 2012
Minecraft doesn't have a resolution setting..
I'm running with fog completely off, so I see supppper far..
Clouds are on..
Graphics are fancy..
Smooth lighting is on..
Everything is on high except for Open GL rendering which slows it down a ton.
But I set everything on my computer to high performance and have no background applications running..
I don't think i'm running on the latest driver, but that wouldn't make sense because I haven't even touched the drivers..And when I got it it WAS running faster without the newest drivers, which Is till haven't updated..

When i first got mine,my specs are Intel core(r) i5-2430M CPU and 2.40GHz
RAM:6.00GB

with no i mean no lag at all and now after a year i can't really play on fast sometimes.