UPDATE: Web-Grognards 20th June 2004

Archived from groups: rec.games.board,uk.games.board,alt.games.wargames (More info?)

Hi,

The Grognards Challenge: Elias Nordling (elias@323.nordling.nu)
was the first person to guess 'Waterloo' (Phalanx). A new
Challenge awaits.

A list of new links and files on Web-Grognards follows. For this
list follow the 'Whats New' link from the Web-Grognards home page:-

http://grognard.com

or go direct to:-

http://grognard.com/20040620.html

NEW LINKS

VI Against Rome (3W) - another review (last in list)
Age of Exploration (TimJim) - another review (last in list)
Bitter Woods (AH/L2) - review of L2 ed.
Bodyguard/Overlord (Spearhead) - another review (last in list)
Borodino 1812 (Avalanche) - another review (last in list)
Crusader (The Gamers/MMP) - review
Enemy at the Gates (The Gamers/MMP) - review
Great White Fleet (Avalanche) - review
Grenier Games - website
Guerilla (AH) - review
Landships! (Clash of Arms) - another review (last in list)
Maharaja (AH) - review
Operation Mercury (GMT) - another review (last in list)
Russian Campaign (AH/L2) - PBEM ladder
Shenandoah: Valley of Fire (PacRim) - review

NEW FILES

Advanced Squad Leader (AH/MMP) - tip sheet for Starter Kit (PDF file)
Battle for China (Microgame Design Group) - errata for More Battle
for China expansion
Demyansk Pocket (PacRim) - review (Word file)
The Great War at Sea series (Avalanche) - player log sheet (Excel file)
The Longest Day (AH) - updated replay
Panzerblitz (AH) - updated article review
Up Front (AH) - updated rules variant/Q&A
Wings of War (Nexus) - review (Word file)

Air War (SPI) - updated article index
Asia Crossroads, S&T#216 (DG) - updated article index
Atlantic Wall (SPI) - updated article index
Battle for Cassino, S&T#71 (SPI) - updated article index
Crimea Quad (SPI) - updated article index
Desert War (SPI) - updated article index
Highway to the Reich (SPI) - updated article index
Ignorant Armies, S&T#215 (DG) - updated article index
Kampfpanzer, S&T#41 (SPI) - updated article index
Lost Battles, S&T#28 (SPI) - updated article index
Panzer 44 (SPI) - updated article index
Panzer Battles, S&T#73 (SPI) - updated article index
PanzerArmee Afrika, S&T#40 (SPI/AH) - updated article index
Patrol! (SPI) - updated article index
Sniper! (SPI/TSR) - updated article index
Tank!, S&T#44 (SPI) - updated article index
Wacht am Rhein (SPI) - updated article index

Alan Poulter
grognard@grognard.com

Alan Poulter <alan@poulter.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:<Xns950E8A355227Falanpoulterdemoncouk@158.152.254.254>...
> Wings of War (Nexus) - review (Word file)

Interesting, even if I disagree with several issues. Did it appear
originally on the Grognard site or elsewhere?

Thanks a lot!

Andrea Angiolino

Archived from groups: rec.games.board,uk.games.board,alt.games.wargames (More info?)

angiolillo@gioco.net (angiolillo) wrote in

> Alan Poulter <alan@poulter.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Wings of War (Nexus) - review (Word file)
>
> Interesting, even if I disagree with several issues. Did it appear
> originally on the Grognard site or elsewhere?

I was sent it for publication on Grognards. Feel free to post
any clarifications you want.

I brought Wings of War to play last night but we never got to
it as we had a longish Dos Rios 'logging' session - see earlier
thread on rgb ;-)

Alan Poulter
grognard@grognard.com
alan@poulter.demon.co.uk

Alan Poulter <alan@poulter.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:<Xns95115AAB0159alanpoulterdemoncouk@158.152.254.254>...
> I was sent it for publication on Grognards. Feel free to post
> any clarifications you want.

Thanks a lot! In the meantime a little discussion about the supposed
mistakes on the airplanes statred there:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/39774
See the 6th and 7th post.

I'll try to put together my toughts about the review (I already wrote
something to the author in a private email) and sent them to you. Hear
you soon!

> I brought Wings of War to play last night but we never got to
> it as we had a longish Dos Rios 'logging' session - see earlier
> thread on rgb ;-)

Good luck for your dogfights. And let me know how it goes!

Bye and thanks again,

Andrea Angiolino

TRENDING THREADS