Best Installation for Corsair H100i in HAF932 Advanced

owen1522

Honorable
Dec 3, 2012
Hey everyone!

I am trying to figure out how I would setup a Corsair H100i closed loop watercooler best in my HAF 932 case. Almost everyone mounts the radiator at the top where there is a 230mm case fan pre mounted, but there are mounting holes for up to 3x 120mm fans. My main question is, with the 932 having 2x 230mm intake fans and 1x 230mm and 1x 120(i think) exhaust fans, if I took that top 230mm fan out to mount the h100 there would just be too much intake and not enough exhaust in the case.

So then I started thinking about a push/pull conifg. I'm still confused. I would have to have cool air from outside of the case be pulled through the radiator, then the hot air on the opposite side of the radiator pushed out, right? And that would be pretty unproductive, bringing hot air into my case and only leaving 1 small fan to exhaust.

So I'm basically asking for someone to tell me how I can accomplish install a H100i on the top of the case (with or without replacing the 230mm fan) and somehow allow it to exhaust the hot air out of the case.

Thanks!

just put it at the top of the case with push / pull exhausting the hot air

i know corsair recommend intaking air through the radiator

but have tried my h80 both ways and theres only about 3c difference for me

push/pull means both fans on the rad blowing the same direction--not one pushing air in from the top and

one pulling it in from the bottom

ie one pushes it in from bottom one pulls it out the top