HDMI issue on XFX 6970

goosemodz

Honorable
Aug 6, 2012
so i need help this small problem that iv encountered after receiving my computer back from my tech guy that just put in a new ssd and network card for me. I have an eyefinity setup on 3 asus VS247H-P on a xfx 6970 card, sabertooth 990FX, Basically the problem iv narrowed down to is the hdmi port isn't working properly, the resolution on the one screen of the 3 is smaller and doesnt fill the entire screen. I never had this problem before and don't know if its a driver problem, hardware problem, software etc. all the monitors are on the same resolution with 5760x1080. Its definitely just the hdmi port on it because iv tested other monitors different cables and just 1 monitor by itself and still the same. The only way i can get that one hdmi screen to go full screen is if i lower the resolution but then it messes with the total resolution when i have eyefinity setup. Im buying a second active mini display port adapter as that is the only port i could use for a 3rd screen to test if the hdmi port itself is the problem. Any help would be appreciated :)

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
HDMI on ATI cards is a complete mess. Overscan/Underscan is the property in the CCC drivers you are looking for. If it will let you, you can change the scaling to work for each screen and fill the gaps.

goosemodz

Honorable
Aug 6, 2012

so where could i find this setting?

sixtos

Honorable
Nov 12, 2012

hello what kind of display port adapter do you need for a third monitor?