Very Slow Download Speeds

Hello,
Recently my download speeds on uTorrent have slowed down to less than 1kbps sometimes, and other times a bit fast but still less than 100kbps. I used be able to download at 800kbps. Is there anything wrong with my computer?
13 answers Last reply
More about very slow download speeds
  1. Check with your Internet provider. Some are restricting torrent downloads with the idea that most are illegal anyway.
  2. I recently changed my modem. Would this have affected it (the modem is actually a faster model so I don't see why it would). Also, in uTorrent it has a yellow exclamation mark at the bottom right hand corner saying"no incoming connections". Also when I run the speed test it says port not opened.
  3. Yes, sounds like your Internet provider is blocking torrents. Time to change. . .
  4. It was the same ISP for both modems
  5. The new modem may have a block for torrent traffic built into the firmware. Do you still have the old modem to test that theory?
  6. The new modem is a Netvigator 30M, it has built in WiFi. Does anyone know anything about this model?
  7. I am plugged directly into the Modem so I don't need to port forward right?
  8. Hold on! A modem cannot have Wi-Fi, but a router can!

The ROUTER in that combination modem/router might be set to block torrents by default. You will need to read the instructions on how to log into it and change settings.
  9. So this is definitely not because of my uTorrent settings? Are you sure that the Modem/Router is causing this?
  10. Cs342 said:
    So this is definitely not because of my uTorrent settings? Are you sure that the Modem/Router is causing this?

Hi there, have you ever solved your utorrent issue with Netvigator 30M router? I've been fighting the same problem since our Netvigator upgrade a few weeks ago...
  11. The speed somehow got back to normal by itself, no idea why
  12. Cs342 said:
    The speed somehow got back to normal by itself, no idea why

:na: Thanks for the info and happy for you! Still struggling here...
  13. what was your original speed?
Ask a new question

Read More

Download Computers Networking