So, few weeks ago I finished my first build. Since then I have had nothing but problems with it. It freezes at least once every 2 hours, but it can happen within a minute of start up. This problem is getting very frustrating.
Here are my specs:
Mobo: ASUS P8Z77-V LX
CPU: i5 3570K @ 3.4GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Blue 4GB (1x4GB), 1600MHz, 1.5v
PSU: Corsair GS 700
Graphics Card: XFX HD 7970 Black Edition
HDD1: WD Caviar Blue 640GB (OS)
HDD2: Segate Barracuda 2TB
OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Here is everything that I have tried so far:
- Removing and re-installing RAM.
- Ran Windows Memory Diagnostics, default settings, PASSED.
- Ran memory in XMP Mode.
- Ran Intel CPU Diagnostics tool, PASSED.
- Ran Seatools HDD Diagnostics tool on both drives, all tests PASSED.
- Re-installed Windows, custom instillation.
- Downgraded catalyst drivers, and network card drivers
Can anyone give me another suggestion? Would installing another 4GB of RAM help? I’ve been told that 8GB is recommended for my system.
The only thing I do not see is Heat readings from bios as well as from windows. Other than that PSU voltage fluctuations, get voltage tested.
What voltage is the ram ? What voltage does the MB provide to ram by default ? Is your system OC-ed ?