Sign in with
Your question

Fully modular PSU and cables

Last response: in Components
February 9, 2013 11:52:20 PM

Hi guys,

I recently bought a new case and did some cable management clean-up compared to my old case. However, now the power cable to my CPU won't reach the plug, and so I've decided just to upgrade my PSU to a better one because I'm finding the cables on this one to be a bit difficult to deal with.

I was curious if there were any cables that run to hard/optical drives that don't link to multiple units (i.e., one-to-one link to the PSU)?
a c 128 ) Power supply
February 10, 2013 2:54:22 AM

To my knowledge there are none, all of the modular PSU's I've purchased come with at least two SATA or Molex connectors on each cable. But, with a modular PSU, rewiring is very straight forward especially if only wanting one connector on the wiring. You can purchase connectors to make your own wiring - which makes cable management a complete breeze (not including the time spent measuring, making and sleeving the cables).
Just an option
m
l
a b ) Power supply
February 10, 2013 2:55:12 AM

whats ur budget for a new ps

m
l
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
February 10, 2013 2:26:07 PM

ive owned that ps. very nice, quality and look and power :)  +1 jon

m
l
a c 128 ) Power supply
February 10, 2013 3:44:42 PM

No cutting sould be required to get what you want - in some cases, you may want to replace the existing wires but BEWARE: I've resleeved that PSU and the connections are the tightest I've ever dealt with. On that particular model I somehow managed to impale myself a few times during the resleeving process. On another note the platinum model of the same architecture PSU is currently the same price http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
l
February 10, 2013 3:52:35 PM

Is there a guide somewhere on resleeving?
m
l
a b ) Power supply
February 10, 2013 5:19:56 PM

+1

m
l
!