Best Sound Card?

I'm looking to get a sound card but I have a budget of 100 USD so which one is the best in my budget?
9 answers Last reply
More about best sound card
  1. Depends on what slot you have room to install it in PCI or PCIe. I would look at ASUS Xonar, in that price range.
  2. I have 2 PCI slots open and 1 PCI x1 open and 1 PCI x16 open but it's only has 4 connections.
  3. +1 for Asus Xonar. I love the sound from my Xonar DX (currently $81 at Newegg)
  4. Spartin503 said:
    I have 2 PCI slots open and 1 PCI x1 open and 1 PCI x16 open but it's only has 4 connections.

A PCI express audio card only needs x1
  5. I would wait for this card to go on sale Creative Sound Blaster Z
  6. Go for a Creative XI-FI based sound card. Honestly Asus are just using C-MEDIA chips in their cards. The C-MEDIA haven't produced any new chip yet recently, the ones out their are PCI based. so the Asus cards has to convert PCI back to PCI-E so its pointless you go with a ASUS PCI-E sound card.

If you can spend few more then go for a CREATIVE CORE-3D thats truly a wonderful sound card.

http://asia.creative.com/p/sound-blaster
  7. The only two contenders at the $99 price range are the ASUS Xonar DX and the Creative Soundblaster Z. Z is based on a newer chipset, but the DX is a tried and proven soundcard in its own right.
Ask a new question

Read More

Sound Cards Components Product