Sign in with
Your question

Creative SBS A520, Sound can only be heard from one Speaker...

Tags:
  • Speakers
  • Creative
  • Components
Last response: in Components
February 10, 2013 1:58:26 AM

Hey Everyone...

This is problem in a friends system.. Well his system is a pretty old one.. and he just bought a new 5.1 Speakers " Creative SBS A520" and when he connected it to the system he was able to hear sound from only one speaker.. so he asked me and i went there and checked it and ya the sound was only heard from one speaker... so i switched the the pins behind the cpu.. but still nothing changed.. so i downloaded a new driver for his system "ALC97" or something then there was a icon on the taskbar called soundman so i checked it and it has options to configure the speaker.. so i configured and set it to support 6 channel 5.1 audio, then i clicked on the speakers one by one in the soundman application.. and i could hear sound from all the speaker except one speaker.. so i put that speaker to the ear and clicked on the sound test button...d i can hear the sound faintly... but it soooo low... and then i tried playing the song he has windows media player so the played in it... and the song plays through only one speaker.... during that sound test all speaker where working but when playing a song it wont.. why could this be happening???

his system spec r
Motherboard: Gigabyte K8M800-8237
Processor: Amd Athlon 64 Processor 2800+
Onboard Audio: Realtek AC '97 Audio F
Speaker: Creative SBS A520 5.1 Speakers

Hope you guys can help me... Thanks.. ^_^

More about : creative sbs a520 sound heard speaker

February 10, 2013 4:29:22 AM

scout_03 said:
checck this for the 5.1 settings and how to connect ot the audio card .also inter change the 2 speaker the one that have sound with the one who does not have it could be a speaker issue ? http://www.creative.com/products/speakers/howto/?c=2&sc...

Thanks for the reply... I checked the link and thats how the connection r given... and tried switching the speakers and no matter which speaker i keep i cant hear sound from it but if i hear very closely i can hear faint sound... but even if tat ok but when i play songs only one speaker works... tats wats confusing me more...
m
l
Related resources
February 11, 2013 1:00:03 AM

i would check if the sound settings are in stereo and not mono .
m
l
February 11, 2013 2:27:15 AM

scout_03 said:
i would check if the sound settings are in stereo and not mono .

which setting?? the one in the realtek soundman??? if it is then i changed it to 6 channel 5.1 something....
m
l
February 11, 2013 6:53:34 PM

output settings must be in stereo ,that the most i could do for now since the chipset i got is a via one stay around someone you got a realtek chipset could give you help .
m
l
February 12, 2013 6:08:59 AM

scout_03 said:
output settings must be in stereo ,that the most i could do for now since the chipset i got is a via one stay around someone you got a realtek chipset could give you help .

Ohhh Okay Thanks.. ^_^

Hope Some One Can help me fix it.. ^_^
m
l
February 19, 2013 1:48:28 AM

Hey there... I just went to his house ... i checked the audio jacks in the rear of the CPU.. and placed them correctly... And everything else was correct.. and so I played the same song again but like always only heard in two speakers L and R... So i went into sound man settings and set the environment to living room... And then went to the audio devices by right clicking the volume icon.. and went to the speaker properties and choose speaker fill.. and then the song played in all speakers... the problem was with the song which was played... And so I played few other songs and it was working fine except for the center speaker... Actually I can hear songs throughout all speakers but in the center speaker the sound is soo low.. and then I played a few high quality movie files and was able to hear the sound in all the speakers... Except for the center one... And played the song lose yourself again and same as before it didn't work.. so The problem was with the files used...

But i don't understand two things..

1. Why does the same song lose yourself works with all
speaker in my home but not his..

2. Why is only the center speaker has low volume..

Anyway.. Thanks everyone for helping me.. Thank u sooo much.. ^_^
m
l
February 19, 2013 5:43:47 PM

check this maybe you will have to raise the center speaker volume and reduce the other channel so when you set control volume they both have the same sound level output http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surround_sound
m
l
February 26, 2013 1:44:57 AM

scout_03 said:
check this maybe you will have to raise the center speaker volume and reduce the other channel so when you set control volume they both have the same sound level output http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surround_sound

How do i change the volume level of just one speaker???
m
l
February 26, 2013 7:54:50 PM

(so i switched the the pins behind the cpu ) what this exactly means ?
m
l
February 27, 2013 3:38:02 AM

scout_03 said:
(so i switched the the pins behind the cpu ) what this exactly means ?

i meant the audio jacks that are present in the mother board...
m
l
February 27, 2013 8:07:21 PM

then there could be a issue with the onboard audio chipset if the board still under warranty rma her .
m
l
February 28, 2013 1:43:56 AM

scout_03 said:
then there could be a issue with the onboard audio chipset if the board still under warranty rma her .

Well i cant do that.. cuz that board is like decades old... so cant... but like i said in my earlier post... the problem is fixed except for the center speaker which has low sound... and i read somewhere that center speaker is just a support speaker so it will be like that... so anyways thank u so much for ur time and suggestions..

Thanks.. ^_^
m
l
February 28, 2013 1:49:00 AM

another thing you could do if get a pci audio card that could handle the 5.1 system she does not need to be new .
m
l
February 28, 2013 2:16:54 AM

scout_03 said:
another thing you could do if get a pci audio card that could handle the 5.1 system she does not need to be new .

Ohhh ya... tats a good suggestion... Will suggest my friend that.. Thanks... ^_^
m
l
!