Bell+Howell 10.0 Mega Pixel Digital Camera

Last response: in Digital Camera
November 19, 2004 9:44:49 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.point+shoot (More info?)

I saw an advertisement for this camera in a news magazine. I have seen
some TV adds from this company and they claim to have been around for
years and their name is familiar, but I haven't bought or owned
anything they've made. Note that I am aware of anyway.

In any case they sell a 10 mega pixel digital camera for $400, that's
a great price, but I can't find any info from people that have owned
this camera or even their 6 MP model.

This is a link to the camera information on their site
<http://www.thpsales.com/store/viewItem.asp?idProduct=10...;
If anyone has used this or knows anything about (good or bad) please
speak up.

Thanks for your info if any, I appreciate it.
Anonymous
November 19, 2004 7:49:54 PM

"ilyaburshteyn" <i_burshteyn@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> I saw an advertisement for this camera in a news magazine. I have seen
> some TV adds from this company and they claim to have been around for
> years and their name is familiar, but I haven't bought or owned
> anything they've made. Note that I am aware of anyway.
>
> In any case they sell a 10 mega pixel digital camera for $400, that's
> a great price, but I can't find any info from people that have owned
> this camera or even their 6 MP model.
>
> This is a link to the camera information on their site
> <http://www.thpsales.com/store/viewItem.asp?idProduct=10...;
> If anyone has used this or knows anything about (good or bad) please
> speak up.
>
> Thanks for your info if any, I appreciate it.

I don't know that model but from what I see I'd discourage you from buying
it. Reasons:

- the sensor is described as 5MP sensor, i.e. no 10Mio pixel; although a
certain amount of interpolation can be done, image quality will likely not
reach the quality of a 10MP sensor camera

- the sensor is quite small which increases likelyhood of noise (although
not necessarily at ISO 200, which brings me to the next issue:)

- ISO 200 is not much. I have a Kyocera with 4MP that costs about 250EUR
(roughly the same in USD) that can do ISO 800 - with considerable noise
but then it's ultra compact.

10MP is just a marketing gimmick and has no real value in this cam. Also,
I haven't seen this brand before. Considering all this $400 seems to be
too expensive. Better get yourself a cheaper 3 or 4 MP cam from a vendor
known for cameras for some time (Canon, Minolta etc.)

My 0.02EUR

Regards

robert
Anonymous
November 19, 2004 11:46:12 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.point+shoot (More info?)

I must add that they say that internal 16MB memory could
get 109 pictures depending from resolution. For comparison
My 3MP Olympus C-3030 could store more than 100 pics
only when I set resolution to 640x480 and quality set to
normal. High quality 2048x1536 only 6.

And You can get real 5MP camera less than $400. I checked
and for example Canon Powershot A95 cost about or little more
than $300

Toomas

!