Sign in with
Your question

Microsoft joystick precision pro

Last response: in Windows 7
February 14, 2012 4:52:23 AM

Microsoft sidewinder joystick precision pro, am I able to use it on a laptop windows 7 os that has only usb ports??? is there an adapter to convert the stock game port connection on the joystick cable to usb? to usb

More about : microsoft joystick precision pro

Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
February 14, 2012 3:25:29 PM

Your bigger problem will be getting the Sidewinder to run on W7. I've been using a Sidewinder Dual Strike for years and having problems with XP. I can hardly wait until I migrate to W7. There haven't been any Sidewinder drivers written in years.
m
l
February 14, 2012 3:32:52 PM

My Sidewinder Pro force feedback ran great on Win 98 if you had a gaming port adapter on the sound card. But then Microshaft stopped supporting their AIR Combat series it has become useless. Win7 doesn't seem to support it.
m
l
a c 233 $ Windows 7
February 14, 2012 5:37:40 PM

ram1009 said:
Your bigger problem will be getting the Sidewinder to run on W7. I've been using a Sidewinder Dual Strike for years and having problems with XP. I can hardly wait until I migrate to W7. There haven't been any Sidewinder drivers written in years.

DelroyMonjo said:
My Sidewinder Pro force feedback ran great on Win 98 if you had a gaming port adapter on the sound card. But then Microshaft stopped supporting their AIR Combat series it has become useless. Win7 doesn't seem to support it.

odd, according to the MS compatibility site, it should work... unless there is a newer USB model or something.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/windows-...
m
l
February 15, 2012 8:29:59 PM

I don't believe a Precision Pro and a Sidewinder Force Feedback Pro are the same.
There is a Force Feedback ver 2 which is USB and supposedly is compatible with Win 7.
m
l
!