Nvidia Kernel 301.42 crash (gtx 670)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulzka

Honorable
Aug 6, 2012
Basically when i play games like... amnesia, world of warcraft, darksiders, skyrim etc. My screen just goes all disco and then goes black and back to normal and i get the nvidia kernel 301.42 blalbala and has succesfully recovered. i have been searching the internet for some time for fix and have tried everything. downgrading drivers and using beta drivers and basically everything people has said that will fix it.

Nvidia GeForce GTX 670 (zotac)
Intel i5-2500k 3.30ghz
asrock z68 extreme3 gen3

Ps. im not good with computer so if someone knows something what would fix this please explain it like you would to a children pls. sry for bad english. not my native language

The wattage and power on the +12 volt rail. But that's okay, your power supply seems to be sufficient.

Are you playing games on Steam?

In any event, it wouldn't hurt to reinstall your drivers by doing a complete clean install. That means uninstalling everything Nvidia the old fashioned way, through the Windows Control Panel Add/Remove Programs. Then select the "Clean Install" option when installing the new drivers.

Bulzka

Honorable
Aug 6, 2012
im not playing games on steam. mostly it happens only on world of warcraft and sometimes on amnesia darksiders and swtor. my friend did the uninstall and reinstall stuff yesterday to me using driver sweeper is that same as going from the windows control panel?

Should be the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.