wrenaudrey

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012
So any thoughts...?
Will the different memory interfaces really make a big difference?

And the 670...Shall i just get this one:
http://www.ebuyer.com/370292-asus-gtx670-dc2-2gd5-direct-cooling-2-2gb-ddr5-90-c1cs30-s0uay0bz-gtx670-dc2-2gd5
The specs are the same as the reference card but with ASUS customized features

Or wait for somewhere in the internet to stock up on something like this one:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121638R
The specs are factory OC'd and with ASUS customized features

According to the Tweaktown review, the 192 bit interface is not going to make much difference at normal resolutions. The GTX 660 Ti operated within a reasonable margin from the GTX 670.

It all depends on how much you're looking to spend and if you can wait until August 16th to confirm the pricing and performance of the GTX 660 Ti before making up your mind. If you can afford the GTX 670, then there is no question to stretch your budget to get the higher performing card. If you want to save money, wait and see.

motorneuron

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2011
I still think memory interface is a weird way to distinguish cards, but maybe it makes sense from a manufacturing point of view--you can just create a lot of the same physical GPU, and the fully functional ones go one way (680) while the not-quite-great ones go another (670, 660). Anyway, both the tweaktown review and first principles suggest that the biggest difference between a 192-bit and 256-bit interface will be high resolutions. If you are planning on 1080p or below, it's likely--though one can't be sure without more reviews--that the 660 Ti will be competitive with the 670 but at a substantial discount, whereas higher resolutions will favor the 670 and 680 much more. But as matto says, the only way to be sure is to wait. There's no doubt the 670 will be a great card even if the 660 Ti is also a great card, but it might wind up not being the best bang for your buck at 1080p.

wrenaudrey

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012
I can wait until August 16th and i am willing to spend money for a 670 but money is hard to earn so if i can save a few hundred dollars/pounds by going to a slightly lower card then i will.
But i would really like to be able to run consistant 50+ fps @1080p.

What are your thoughts on the pricing?
As the leaked specs are very close to the 670, d'you think they would drop the price of the 670 to be alot closer to the 660?

Also the two version of the 670's that i linked, is it worth paying few extra dollars/pounds and waiting for 143Mhz?

The prices on the GTX 670 will not drop. I'm expecting the GTX 660 Ti to come in at $299, give or take a few.

Between the two Asus cards, they are identical except for the clock speeds. The TOP card also will use higher binned chips, in theory for better overclocking. I would not at all be afraid to go with the basic model, as it still comes with custom components and will be able to overclock to meet or exceed the performance of the factory overclock on the TOP model.

G

http://wccftech.com/pny-geforce-gtx-660-ti-reference-model-picturerd/

nothing to see here, moving along . . .