Tags:
  • Cooler Master
  • Power
  • Shutdown
  • Components
Last response: in Components
February 10, 2013 4:30:33 AM

As my title says it all....

To elaborate, I have Cooler Master HAF X cabinet.... my PC is password protected (at BIOS/UEFI) ... it ask for password everytime I start PC and sometimes kids starts my PC its struck at password screen ... and I have to press power button to power it off.... but whn I press it, it shutdown and after a second or two it restart, I again press it and it again restart after 1-2 secs....

But when I shut down PC using my windows 8 shutdown command, it ok .... no probs....

I am confused whether power button is faulty because under normal usage of PC it doesnt shutdown itself...

I cant doubt my Mobo as the problem persisted even with my older mobo....

I have now disconnected the power button cable in Mobo and made the reset button to work as power button ......... it working fine since then .... but I need my big power button back, what can be the problem with it .... I think in the cooler master HAF X case the I/O panel has nothing to do with power/reset buttons as I have replaced it many times but it didn't have any power/reset connector button on it...

More about : power button doesnt shut restart secs

February 10, 2013 4:51:34 AM

some times it a bios glitch with these new efi mb. flash the mb to the newest rev and go into windows then shutdown. then unplug the power from the mb let it drain and then reset the cmos. if it not a switch issue the mb should work fine again. you have to reset the power on password again.
m
l
February 11, 2013 11:20:20 AM

As I already said it was the prob with my old mobo (non efi) also, I thnk thr must be some prob in case powr button shorting whn I press it ....
m
l
Related resources
!