Most popular MX brown keyboards? Please suggest some for $60-110

theredeemed

Honorable
Nov 16, 2012
All in the title. Looking to buy a cherry MX brown keyboard. Backlit would be nice (but not required), also macro keys would be nice (but not required). Don't want a bulky keyboard so tenkeyless may be a better option.

Can you guys please tell me which ones are most popular/bought?

filco, duck, das are the 3 top draw brands. they offer great keyboards for build quality usability and functionality over bells and whistles.
gaming grade your looking at filco, Q-pad, corsair, coolermaster who all offer at least 1 keyboard with full NKrol backlighting and a choice of cherry key type

the problem is your making the same assumption that many gamers make in that brown keys are best. as they offer a tactile but non clicky key which is true but they aint great for gaming. yes there a compromise between reds and blues but the reality is they are just as noisy as the blues and not as intuitive as the reds.
i looked into the browns as a compromise for typing and gaming but it turned out that the reds do the job just as well as i tend to bottom out the keys anyways. which is something you will still do with the browns. to be blunt the difference is minute and unless your typing 80 words a minute for 8 hours a day you wont see any real benefit as far as WPM goes.
for gaming go for black or reds they will give you good feedback, be precise and allow things like double tap without having to relearn it due to feeling a bump in the keystroke.
its entirely a personal choice though but you wont really notice any performance gains but you will notice the difference in noise they keys make.

1 last thing. stay clear of razer mechanicals. they claim many features but most of them are just hype and some dont actually work very well.

theredeemed

Honorable
Nov 16, 2012

I'll probably go with the CM storm quickfire rapid brown ediition...Should i go to bestbuy or something to try out all the different types of MX cherry switches before buying, or should i just watch videos and will that be enough to get an idea?

The problem is you need a good amount of time to get used to your keyboard, well, in the sense that you can know you can play games etc. with it.