Different core temps on new build

Hey all...just finished my new build, thanks to all the great info on this forum most of my decisions were made pretty easy. This is my first build, and I'm just wondering, is it normal for one of my core temps (core 1) to be running a consistently higher temp under no load than the rest? At idle the other 3 cores are around 25-28c. Core 1 is up around 38-40c. This is with my fans running on low, turning them up a bit brings it down a little.

The chip is a 3570k btw.

Thanks!
2 answers Last reply
More about different core temps build
  1. Anonymous said:
    Hey all...just finished my new build, thanks to all the great info on this forum most of my decisions were made pretty easy. This is my first build, and I'm just wondering, is it normal for one of my core temps (core 1) to be running a consistently higher temp under no load than the rest? At idle the other 3 cores are around 25-28c. Core 1 is up around 38-40c. This is with my fans running on low, turning them up a bit brings it down a little.

The chip is a 3570k btw.

Thanks!

Thats normal i think because i think that your os and windows applications use core 1 more than the others. Dont kill me if im wrong but im pretty sure im right :D
    40 is fine also!
  2. Ya Im not too worried about it...I know that temp wont hurt it.

I ran OCCT for an hour and they were all running evenly and didn't go over 60c. I guess core 1 is just the only one really being utilized by the OS at idle; didn't think the difference would be that much though.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Core New Build