Full computer build double check

Johndj

Honorable
Sep 27, 2012
Hello all,

Haven't built a new comp in about 2-3 years, so I want you guys to double check if there's any incompatible issues with this build

Anything other suggestions/changes are appreciated

8GB corsair RAM only $30 with $10 MIR rebate

cgZhh.png

Johndj

Honorable
Sep 27, 2012
Thanks all, the reason I chose the PSU is because it's only 40 bucks after $30 MIR rebate so it's dirt cheap in when it's rated at 80PLUS, 700W and modular.

Also, I forgot to mention I may add GPU down the road, but not right now.

This build's CPU is supposed to be overkill because my uncle will not be buying another full computer within at least 7 years.

P.S, he has never gotten a custom built PC before and hasn't had a new comp for 10 yrs, so this is gonna blow him away with the SSD+CPU speed.

Any IPS display recommodations? Or reviews I should look at?

deadlockedworld

Distinguished
So are you planning on overclocking it? (you picked a K series processor) That seems like a risky choice for a computer you are giving away.

700w is a waste - even if its cheap. If this isn't a gaming computer you need around 400w or less. What is more important here in a PC that will run for 7 years is quality. (IMO - Seasonic makes some of the best PSUs, Corsair, Antec, Enermax, XFX, PC Power and cooling are good too. OCZ is alright)

I haven't done an exhaustive search, but this looks like a good deal: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817703034

If you wanted to stick with a modular OCZ here is a 550w version: (although I don't usually pick OCZ)
http://www.logicbuy.com/deals/ocz-technology-ocz-zt550w-psu/42141.aspx

I just got a great eIPS monitor myself - Dell Ultrasharp U2312HM. You can pick it up for a little over $225, but sometimes there's sales that are even lower than that. Shop around.

As far as I can tell so far, response time is great, color reproduction is amazing and it's a very nice size for the money.

Johndj

Honorable
Sep 27, 2012
I've picked up some of the parts that were on sale and now debating which monitor to get.

New question, can anyone explain or give me a link to read the difference between the various IPS panels. For example, p-ips vs e-ips. (I've tried searching, but no luck)

Thanks in advance
( Maybe I should also post on the display section forum)