toolbar

September 3, 2005 11:45:06 PM

I had right clicked on the taskbar, then clicked on cascade windows. Now I
can not get my internet explorer window to go back to regular size when I
click on the internet explorer E (not sortcut) on my desktop (I have to
manually resize it). I want to be able to click on it & have it open to max
size How can I get it back to normal? Please help.

More about : toolbar

Anonymous
September 4, 2005 12:02:02 AM

I meant I clicked on tile windows horizontal not cascade.

"cllogan" wrote:

> I had right clicked on the taskbar, then clicked on cascade windows. Now I
> can not get my internet explorer window to go back to regular size when I
> click on the internet explorer E (not shortcut) on my desktop (I have to
> manually resize it). I want to be able to click on it & have it open to max
> size. How can I get it back to normal? Please help.
Anonymous
September 4, 2005 2:50:58 AM

IE remembers the last window that was opened.

Try this.

Open *one* instance of IE | Use the cursor (not the
maximize button) to drag the window to the desired
size | Click the Close [X] while holding down the
Ctrl key.
-----

When all else fails, paste the line below into Start | Run

javascript:window.open(screen.availWidth,screen.availHeight)

Note: then make sure the above window is the last one closed.

From...
Internet Explorer Tips and Tricks
http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/ietips.htm

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:26FEF7D0-9595-471F-88EF-FFAF14926A91@microsoft.com,
cllogan <cllogan@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> I meant I clicked on tile windows horizontal not cascade.
>
> "cllogan" wrote:
>
>> I had right clicked on the taskbar, then clicked on cascade windows.
>> Now I can not get my internet explorer window to go back to regular size
>> when I click on the internet explorer E (not shortcut) on my desktop (I
>> have to manually resize it). I want to be able to click on it & have it
>> open to max size. How can I get it back to normal? Please help.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
September 4, 2005 2:50:59 AM

the first part worked, thanks. is there a way to have it open maxamized.

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> IE remembers the last window that was opened.
>
> Try this.
>
> Open *one* instance of IE | Use the cursor (not the
> maximize button) to drag the window to the desired
> size | Click the Close [X] while holding down the
> Ctrl key.
> -----
>
> When all else fails, paste the line below into Start | Run
>
> javascript:window.open(screen.availWidth,screen.availHeight)
>
> Note: then make sure the above window is the last one closed.
>
> From...
> Internet Explorer Tips and Tricks
> http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/ietips.htm
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:26FEF7D0-9595-471F-88EF-FFAF14926A91@microsoft.com,
> cllogan <cllogan@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > I meant I clicked on tile windows horizontal not cascade.
> >
> > "cllogan" wrote:
> >
> >> I had right clicked on the taskbar, then clicked on cascade windows.
> >> Now I can not get my internet explorer window to go back to regular size
> >> when I click on the internet explorer E (not shortcut) on my desktop (I
> >> have to manually resize it). I want to be able to click on it & have it
> >> open to max size. How can I get it back to normal? Please help.

Anonymous
September 4, 2005 3:45:14 AM

Do you mean Full Screen?

Open IE | Hit the F11 key | Close IE

F11 = Toggle between full-screen and regular views of the browser window.

If you mean Maximized.

Right click IE shortcut | Click Properties | Shortcut tab |
Click the V next to Run | Select Maximized | Click Apply |
Click OK

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:1DF9D76D-EEEA-47C9-B0CB-F575D0E10034@microsoft.com,
cllogan <cllogan@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> the first part worked, thanks. is there a way to have it open maxamized.
>
> "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
>
>> IE remembers the last window that was opened.
>>
>> Try this.
>>
>> Open *one* instance of IE | Use the cursor (not the
>> maximize button) to drag the window to the desired
>> size | Click the Close [X] while holding down the
>> Ctrl key.
>> -----
>>
>> When all else fails, paste the line below into Start | Run
>>
>> javascript:window.open(screen.availWidth,screen.availHeight)
>>
>> Note: then make sure the above window is the last one closed.
>>
>> From...
>> Internet Explorer Tips and Tricks
>> http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/ietips.htm
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>
>> Wes
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> In news:26FEF7D0-9595-471F-88EF-FFAF14926A91@microsoft.com,
>> cllogan <cllogan@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
>>> I meant I clicked on tile windows horizontal not cascade.

Anonymous
September 4, 2005 3:45:15 AM

Thank you

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> Do you mean Full Screen?
>
> Open IE | Hit the F11 key | Close IE
>
> F11 = Toggle between full-screen and regular views of the browser window.
>
> If you mean Maximized.
>
> Right click IE shortcut | Click Properties | Shortcut tab |
> Click the V next to Run | Select Maximized | Click Apply |
> Click OK
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:1DF9D76D-EEEA-47C9-B0CB-F575D0E10034@microsoft.com,
> cllogan <cllogan@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > the first part worked, thanks. is there a way to have it open maxamized.
> >
> > "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
> >
> >> IE remembers the last window that was opened.
> >>
> >> Try this.
> >>
> >> Open *one* instance of IE | Use the cursor (not the
> >> maximize button) to drag the window to the desired
> >> size | Click the Close [X] while holding down the
> >> Ctrl key.
> >> -----
> >>
> >> When all else fails, paste the line below into Start | Run
> >>
> >> javascript:window.open(screen.availWidth,screen.availHeight)
> >>
> >> Note: then make sure the above window is the last one closed.
> >>
> >> From...
> >> Internet Explorer Tips and Tricks
> >> http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/ietips.htm
> >>
> >> --