Cooler for FX 8350

rainbueza

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2012
Hi, I am currently using Coolermaster Gemin II s524 for my AMD FX 8350 and when I play BF3, campaign and multiplayer, temperature reads 60-62c!! That is so hot already
for an FX cpu since accdg to amd, the max temps for the FX is 61c!! I got the temps from ASUS Suite II, yes I know it's only a socket temp but its still hot. I use thermaltake TG-2 paste but it seems that the cooler is not enough to cool down a very hot cpu like FX 8350. What should i do? Do I need to purchase a new cooler? If yes? an air cooler of water cooler? an air cooler or a closed loop water cooling system?

Thanks for the help.

Buying a high performance cooler will help a lot, the GeminII S524 is a decent cooler, but for that cpu(which gets hot), isn't that good.
It all depends on your budget, high end air coolers like the phanteks or noctua might be the best option.

rainbueza

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2012

hi, blackbird, im thinking of buying the frio ock.. what do you think, is it good? will it perform like the closed loop water cooling systems? I just want to know if this is good enough since closed loop water cooling systems is expensive and Im afraid that the water will leak. ^_^

Thanks!

rainbueza

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2012

thanks for that tip bro.

rainbueza

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2012

I puchased the thermaltake water 2.0 pro and its great!!

The max temperature that I get is 55c at full load and 31c at idle! That'a huge difference from my previous temps. ^_^