Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Which one should i pick?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
August 7, 2012 3:42:28 AM

I have been looking at gpus recently and have narrowed it down to two gpus. Which one will perform better with temps kept in mind with a 75 to 80 degree fahrenheit room.

Msi gtx 670 power edition 2 gb twin frozr 4

Galaxy gtx 670 gc 4gb (same as 2gb edition just more vram)

I like the dust removal thing with msi however i also like the 4gbs that com with the galaxy card

More about : pick

a c 103 U Graphics card
August 7, 2012 3:53:39 AM

unless you are playing on three 1080p screens you are prolly not gonna notice the extra 2gb of vram on the galaxy card...I have an older msi twin frozr card and it def runs alot cooler than stock
m
0
l
August 7, 2012 3:57:44 AM

drums101 said:
unless you are playing on three 1080p screens you are prolly not gonna notice the extra 2gb of vram on the galaxy card...I have an older msi twin frozr card and it def runs alot cooler than stock



I was thinkin bout doin two moniters when i get the exta money for a second. Would the 2 gb still work well for that? I usually do a lot of online gaming. Id like to be able to run arma 2 pretty well in terms of playabily with good quality. I wont be maxxing of course since the optimization sucks.
m
0
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
August 7, 2012 3:58:19 AM

I like MSI, MSI made my first Mobo. :p 

I would get the MSI card, unless your running more than one screen.
m
0
l
August 7, 2012 4:02:00 AM

austing said:
I like MSI, MSI made my first Mobo. :p 

I would get the MSI card, unless your running more than one screen.


Was hoping to run 2 moniters.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
August 7, 2012 4:03:24 AM

Yes, the Galaxy then.

More VRAM for more screens.
m
0
l

Best solution

a c 103 U Graphics card
August 7, 2012 4:05:59 AM

no the extra 2gb of ram is not gonna help you for just running two screens...the only way you are gonna use the extra 2gb is if you have 3 screens in surround and you are gaming on all three at once...otherwise you are just gonna be gaming on one screen regardless if you have 2 screens...so even if you want to run dual screens I would still go with the msi
Share
August 7, 2012 4:10:47 AM

drums101 said:
no the extra 2gb of ram is not gonna help you for just running two screens...the only way you are gonna use the extra 2gb is if you have 3 screens in surround and you are gaming on all three at once...otherwise you are just gonna be gaming on one screen regardless if you have 2 screens...so even if you want to run dual screens I would still go with the msi


K thx for the feedback. I think im liking this forum more and more cuz i get answers so fast. Thankyou.
m
0
l
a c 103 U Graphics card
August 7, 2012 4:13:41 AM

no prob man glad I can help
m
0
l
August 7, 2012 4:21:49 AM

Best answer selected by KazuRXZ.
m
0
l
!