New phone, how long should I allow it to charge?

I have recently bought a 6610i, and the first time i charged it for around 6
hours is this long enough? If it is not could it damage the phones battery?
4 answers Last reply
More about phone long charge

    Hi! Its me again. Hmmm, i charged my phone yesterday from approx. 16 to 21
    and then today it ran out of battery, is this normal? ( Its my first phone
    with cam and colour display. ) Or have i screwed up the battery allready?

    Ps. its a Nokia 6610i!

    Jack's cold sweat wrote:

    > I have recently bought a 6610i, and the first time i charged it for around 6
    > hours is this long enough? If it is not could it damage the phones battery?

    They normally recommend overnight, but I'm sure 6 hours will be fine.
    Let's face it the phone gives the battery a rapid charge to about 80 or
    90% (I think, techies might be able to give you a more accurate amount)
    and then it backs off to trickle charge.

    I normally cycle my new phone batteries (Li-ion) the first few times,
    ie. charge them fully and then run them flat. I then only cycle them
    occasionally and they seem to last me well over year with 24/7 usage.

    --
    73 de Simon, VK3XEM.
    http://www.aca.gov.au/pls/radcom/licence_search.licence_lookup?pLICENCE_NO=207156

    Jack's cold sweat wrote:

    > Hi! Its me again. Hmmm, i charged my phone yesterday from approx. 16 to 21
    > and then today it ran out of battery, is this normal?

    My experience with this type of battery is that the battery will get better
    after a few load/unload cycles. And I also fould out that the camera in the
    phone consumes a lot of power. Did you experiment with it a lot?

    --
    ir. J.C.A. Wevers // Physics and science fiction site:
    johanw@vulcan.xs4all.nl // http://www.xs4all.nl/~johanw/index.html

    "Johan Wevers" <johanw@xs4all.nl> skrev i en meddelelse
    > Jack's cold sweat wrote:
    >
    > > Hi! Its me again. Hmmm, i charged my phone yesterday from approx. 16 to
    21
    > > and then today it ran out of battery, is this normal?
    >
    > My experience with this type of battery is that the battery will get
    better
    > after a few load/unload cycles. And I also fould out that the camera in
    the
    > phone consumes a lot of power. Did you experiment with it a lot?
    >
    > --
    > ir. J.C.A. Wevers // Physics and science fiction site:
    > johanw@vulcan.xs4all.nl // http://www.xs4all.nl/~johanw/index.html
    > PGP/GPG public keys at http://www.xs4all.nl/~johanw/pgpkeys.html

    Hehe, yes i did play alot with the cam, but still ~24 hours isnt a long time
    :(, but if i gets better im happy.

    Thanks for the replies.

Nokia Battery Phones