New phone, how long should I allow it to charge?

Last response: in Brands
October 12, 2004 7:06:31 PM

I have recently bought a 6610i, and the first time i charged it for around 6
hours is this long enough? If it is not could it damage the phones battery?

More about : phone long charge

Anonymous
October 13, 2004 4:06:58 AM

Hi! Its me again. Hmmm, i charged my phone yesterday from approx. 16 to 21
and then today it ran out of battery, is this normal? ( Its my first phone
with cam and colour display. ) Or have i screwed up the battery allready?

Ps. its a Nokia 6610i!
Anonymous
October 13, 2004 4:12:56 AM

Jack's cold sweat wrote:

> I have recently bought a 6610i, and the first time i charged it for around 6
> hours is this long enough? If it is not could it damage the phones battery?

They normally recommend overnight, but I'm sure 6 hours will be fine.
Let's face it the phone gives the battery a rapid charge to about 80 or
90% (I think, techies might be able to give you a more accurate amount)
and then it backs off to trickle charge.

I normally cycle my new phone batteries (Li-ion) the first few times,
ie. charge them fully and then run them flat. I then only cycle them
occasionally and they seem to last me well over year with 24/7 usage.

--
73 de Simon, VK3XEM.
http://www.aca.gov.au/pls/radcom/licence_search.licence...

Jack's cold sweat wrote:

> Hi! Its me again. Hmmm, i charged my phone yesterday from approx. 16 to 21
> and then today it ran out of battery, is this normal?

My experience with this type of battery is that the battery will get better
after a few load/unload cycles. And I also fould out that the camera in the
phone consumes a lot of power. Did you experiment with it a lot?

--
ir. J.C.A. Wevers // Physics and science fiction site:
johanw@vulcan.xs4all.nl // http://www.xs4all.nl/~johanw/index.html

"Johan Wevers" <johanw@xs4all.nl> skrev i en meddelelse
> Jack's cold sweat wrote:
>
> > Hi! Its me again. Hmmm, i charged my phone yesterday from approx. 16 to
21
> > and then today it ran out of battery, is this normal?
>
> My experience with this type of battery is that the battery will get
better
> after a few load/unload cycles. And I also fould out that the camera in
the
> phone consumes a lot of power. Did you experiment with it a lot?
>
> --
> ir. J.C.A. Wevers // Physics and science fiction site:
> johanw@vulcan.xs4all.nl // http://www.xs4all.nl/~johanw/index.html
> PGP/GPG public keys at http://www.xs4all.nl/~johanw/pgpkeys.html

Hehe, yes i did play alot with the cam, but still ~24 hours isnt a long time
:( , but if i gets better im happy.

Thanks for the replies.
!