Seek alternative to APPLY TO ALL after changing view in Wi..

September 4, 2005 10:05:57 PM

I always use Details View in Windows Explorer.

I now want to change the choice of columns displayed and also
rearrange their order.

After making my change, I could use Tools > Folder Options > View >
Apply To All Folders but the changes will be applied to ALL existing
folders and ALL new folders.

Is there a way to restrict my changed view ONLY to all the subfolders
of a particular folder?
Anonymous
September 4, 2005 10:05:58 PM

Franklin wrote:
> I always use Details View in Windows Explorer.
>
> I now want to change the choice of columns displayed and also
> rearrange their order.
>
> After making my change, I could use Tools > Folder Options > View >
> Apply To All Folders but the changes will be applied to ALL existing
> folders and ALL new folders.
>
> Is there a way to restrict my changed view ONLY to all the subfolders
> of a particular folder?

Don't apply to all folders..

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 18:05:57 +0100, Franklin wrote:

> I always use Details View in Windows Explorer.
>
> I now want to change the choice of columns displayed and also
> rearrange their order.
>
> After making my change, I could use Tools > Folder Options > View >
> Apply To All Folders but the changes will be applied to ALL existing
> folders and ALL new folders.
>
> Is there a way to restrict my changed view ONLY to all the subfolders
> of a particular folder?

What I do is setup the preferred view using Apply to All Folders. Then mark
"remember view for each folder." Any changes to the view of any individual
folders after that should apply only to that folder.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Shenan Stanley wrote:
Franklin wrote:
> I always use Details View in Windows Explorer.
>
> I now want to change the choice of columns displayed and also
> rearrange their order.
>
> After making my change, I could use Tools > Folder Options > View >
> Apply To All Folders but the changes will be applied to ALL existing
> folders and ALL new folders.
>
> Is there a way to restrict my changed view ONLY to all the subfolders
> of a particular folder?

> Don't apply to all folders..

I realized I left this part out:

In a Windows Explorer window:

Tools --> Folder Options --> View tab --> find the checkbox for "Remember
Each Folder's View Settings" and make sure it is checked. Apply, OK, exit,
reboot for good measure. heh

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP