What SD card?

Last response: in Digital Camera
November 22, 2004 12:08:09 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.point+shoot (More info?)

Getting my new camera for Christmas (IXUS 40), and along with a few other
things, such as case and spare battery, I will be needing another SD card.
However, having never used SD with any other device that I own, I have no
idea which ones would be best to go for. I need something fast and reliable.
Who would be the best manufacturer to go with? I am looking for cards of at
least 256MB size, but would prefer 512.

Thanks in advance!

--
Aruz
--

---

More about : card

Anonymous
November 22, 2004 2:33:23 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.point+shoot (More info?)

SanDisk Ultra II 512 and 1G SD. Very Fast, very reliable. Never had a
problem with them.
November 22, 2004 5:24:30 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.point+shoot (More info?)

Hi, I am a BIG fan of the Lexar brand of memory cards. All of their cards
have designations of speed - that is transfer speed - I most of the time
like to get at least 8X. Prices on the cards have been coming down quite a
lot. Ohh... and for the size, I would stick with the 128 MB or 256 MB, I
have heard stories about people losing photos because they had transfer
problems or the camera all of a sudden stopped working because the batteries
went dead corrupting the files. I know that does not happen too often, but
if it happens to you..... Well. So I usually will download the photos to
my computer as soon as possible.

Anyway, you are getting the camera for Christmas, what did you do, PEEK
into the box? :-)

Dan

"Aruz" <aruz@SPAM_TRAPleomadman.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> Getting my new camera for Christmas (IXUS 40), and along with a few other
> things, such as case and spare battery, I will be needing another SD card.
> However, having never used SD with any other device that I own, I have no
> idea which ones would be best to go for. I need something fast and
reliable.
> Who would be the best manufacturer to go with? I am looking for cards of
at
> least 256MB size, but would prefer 512.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> --
> Aruz
> --
> XBLive GT: Aruz
> Live Games: NG, RSC2, MM3, GR:IT, SGT:o , RS3, PGR2, MA
> My Games Collection: http://users.ign.com/collection/aruz
>

> ---

November 22, 2004 10:54:44 PM

"K J" <no_te!!@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:p kf4q05oapmace69g8n3dnnovtl4o51926@4ax.com...
> SanDisk Ultra II 512 and 1G SD. Very Fast, very reliable. Never had a
> problem with them.

Know where I can order these from the UK? I have looked around a few places,
but can't find them. Admittedly, not looked hard, but if you are willing to
spare me the hassle ;)

---
November 22, 2004 10:56:35 PM

"Daniel" <dcxdanATwowwayDOTcom> wrote in message
> Hi, I am a BIG fan of the Lexar brand of memory cards. All of their cards
> have designations of speed - that is transfer speed - I most of the time
> like to get at least 8X. Prices on the cards have been coming down quite a
> lot. Ohh... and for the size, I would stick with the 128 MB or 256 MB, I
> have heard stories about people losing photos because they had transfer
> problems or the camera all of a sudden stopped working because the
batteries
> went dead corrupting the files. I know that does not happen too often, but
> if it happens to you..... Well. So I usually will download the photos to
> my computer as soon as possible.
>
> Anyway, you are getting the camera for Christmas, what did you do, PEEK
> into the box? :-)
>
> Dan

Right, will look into Lexar. Have found these at various places. Thanks much
:)

---
November 22, 2004 11:22:10 PM

> "K J" <no_te!!@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:p kf4q05oapmace69g8n3dnnovtl4o51926@4ax.com...
> > SanDisk Ultra II 512 and 1G SD. Very Fast, very reliable. Never had a
> > problem with them.
>
> Know where I can order these from the UK? I have looked around a few
places,
> but can't find them. Admittedly, not looked hard, but if you are willing
> spare me the hassle ;)
>

> ---

No need. Just found a good enough supplier. Thank you dealtime :)

---
November 23, 2004 12:57:37 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.point+shoot (More info?)

> Getting my new camera for Christmas (IXUS 40), and along with a few other
> things, such as case and spare battery, I will be needing another SD card.
> However, having never used SD with any other device that I own, I have no
> idea which ones would be best to go for. I need something fast and
> reliable.
> Who would be the best manufacturer to go with? I am looking for cards of
> at
> least 256MB size, but would prefer 512.

I have had good experience of the Silicon Power Ultima range of SD cards.
For example the Ultima 45X 1GB is available for US$99.00 at
http://www.opticsplanet.net/silicon-power-ultima-45x-1g...
Anonymous
November 23, 2004 1:28:14 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.point+shoot (More info?)

Has anyone used the high speed ByteStor cards? What are they like for speed
and reliability?
December 8, 2004 2:40:38 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.point+shoot (More info?)

"Aruz" <aruz@SPAM_TRAPleomadman.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

> "K J" <no_te!!@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:p kf4q05oapmace69g8n3dnnovtl4o51926@4ax.com...
>> SanDisk Ultra II 512 and 1G SD. Very Fast, very reliable. Never had a
>> problem with them.
>
> Know where I can order these from the UK? I have looked around a few
> places,
> but can't find them. Admittedly, not looked hard, but if you are willing
> spare me the hassle ;)
>

> ---
>
>Have you tried eBay ?? got a 256mb Kingston Memeory card for £22.00 inc P &
>P.

Al
!