Sign in with
Your question

TV Tuner

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 7, 2012 7:40:09 AM

Hello,
I'm looking for a TV turner best for DirecTV (satellite basically).

What would be best for this?

More about : tuner

August 7, 2012 11:37:09 AM

pci or pci-e (mini), low profile or standard height, do you need the complete kit including i/r receiver and remote.?
is this for windows 7, 32 or 64-bit.?
m
l
a b x TV
August 7, 2012 2:09:56 PM

None. Today's TV Tuner cards will not work natively with satellite signals. The best set up you could probably get would be using a Hauppaiuge Colossus capture card in conjunction with your satellite set top box.

-Wolf sends
m
l
Related resources
August 7, 2012 2:19:50 PM

You might want to look into a C Band and skip DirecTV all together
m
l
August 7, 2012 4:25:35 PM

There is a confederation of folks over the last 18-24 months who are developing a universal (read: DRM) standard for OTA ATSC, cable QAM, Internet TV, and whatever the satellite freq modulation is called.

Not sure where DTV fits into this -- but I'm sure they do. Would there be a PCMCIA card slot in the back of your receiver? It may take a *smart card* from DTV that allows advanced functions, but Shirley it is highly proprietary to their stuff only ...

OTA ASTC - The Last Frontier
(probably not for long)

:) 

m
l
August 7, 2012 6:42:43 PM

verbalizer said:
pci or pci-e (mini), low profile or standard height, do you need the complete kit including i/r receiver and remote.?
is this for windows 7, 32 or 64-bit.?

Well I just wanted information on TV tuners and if they can even work for DirecTV. I'm planning on building HTPC.
m
l
August 7, 2012 6:47:05 PM

if you don't want to answer the questions so we can help then just Google for yourself...
m
l
!