TV Tuner

Hello,
I'm looking for a TV turner best for DirecTV (satellite basically).

What would be best for this?
6 answers Last reply
More about tuner
  1. pci or pci-e (mini), low profile or standard height, do you need the complete kit including i/r receiver and remote.?
    is this for windows 7, 32 or 64-bit.?
  2. None. Today's TV Tuner cards will not work natively with satellite signals. The best set up you could probably get would be using a Hauppaiuge Colossus capture card in conjunction with your satellite set top box.

-Wolf sends
  3. You might want to look into a C Band and skip DirecTV all together
  4. There is a confederation of folks over the last 18-24 months who are developing a universal (read: DRM) standard for OTA ATSC, cable QAM, Internet TV, and whatever the satellite freq modulation is called.

Not sure where DTV fits into this -- but I'm sure they do. Would there be a PCMCIA card slot in the back of your receiver? It may take a *smart card* from DTV that allows advanced functions, but Shirley it is highly proprietary to their stuff only ...

OTA ASTC - The Last Frontier
    (probably not for long)

:)
  5. verbalizer said:
    pci or pci-e (mini), low profile or standard height, do you need the complete kit including i/r receiver and remote.?
    is this for windows 7, 32 or 64-bit.?

Well I just wanted information on TV tuners and if they can even work for DirecTV. I'm planning on building HTPC.
  6. if you don't want to answer the questions so we can help then just Google for yourself...
Ask a new question

Read More

Tuner Cards TV Tuner Graphics