My Computer will not power on.

Jquilly1245

Honorable
Feb 10, 2013
Hello, so yesterday when plugging in my PSU and attempting to power on my PC, my PC would flicker my LEDs on for like a half second and try to power on but then would shut down. It would only do that one time then when trying to power on again nothing would happen, no LEDs or anything. Yesterday when installing my new water cooling system I was jumping my PSU to run without the MOBO so I could test the water cooling. I accidentally left the 4 pin power connector attatched to the motherboard while jumping, is that my problem did I fry my MOBO?

System Specs:
680w PSU (off brand)- yeah I know bad mistake, but my PSU seems to be working fine
MSI 890FX MOBO
4GB G.Skill RAM
AMD Phenom x4 965 BE
500gb HDD
120gb OCZ SSD

tokencode

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2010
It sounds like a short somewhere. This could be a problem with your motherboard, or you could have something jumped by a lose screw etc. I would disconnect everything and reconnect everything and make sure to pay close attention to anything that could cause a short. If it still does not work, you could have possibly damaged something. Try a new PSU, a new motherboard etc if you have them available until you isolate the problem.

Jquilly1245

Honorable
Feb 10, 2013

Unplugged and replugged everything, still doing the same thing. Took out MOBO battery, reinserted; still same thing. My fans led flicker on, my psu led flickers on as well as the active phase switching LEDs on my MOBO flicker on then shut off. When I jump my psu it turns on but doesn't stay on when plugged in