Sign in with
Your question

[Q]Monitor questions/help

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 7, 2012 11:06:59 AM

Hey, i recently have this problem and i don't know whats going on. My monitor screen go completely dark but it still has power. The power button is still lit up blue and not orange. How come this is happening? when i switch to another monitor there is no problem. Is it the monitor problem or cable?

Thanks in advance!!!!

More about : monitor questions

August 7, 2012 2:46:16 PM

I'm guessing you have an LG screen...I've had that problem many times though I can't remember how I fixed it. Do you have a discrete graphics card?
m
l
August 7, 2012 3:30:01 PM

If the problem goes away when changing monitors without changing cables then logic says the monitor is the problem.
m
l
Related resources
August 7, 2012 5:25:39 PM

Not always. I've seen those LG screens randomly do it. Though mostly they go into power saving mode when other screens work just fine.
m
l
August 7, 2012 9:54:36 PM

bigbasedrum said:
I'm guessing you have an LG screen...I've had that problem many times though I can't remember how I fixed it. Do you have a discrete graphics card?

no i have a hp screen. using xfx hd 6870 gpu.
m
l
August 8, 2012 6:13:49 PM

O okay sorry its just the yellow and blue light on LG so ja i thought maybe its that. Maybe its the resolution. Try turning that all the way down as well as your refresh rate, maybe that will fix the problem. Otherwise try installing the drivers again.
m
l
!