How to make a Master Recover CD

jiffy

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2001
I must not be able to fix my computer very well, because I like to fix it with fdisk. It would be nice if I had a recovery Cd for I wouldn't have to install everything all over. I use win98 se, HP 10-4-32. I use good cdrw and have no problem, haven't been able to make a recover cd. I tried and I think it had to be formatted. It used a new cd, so I started formatting, but it would take about an hour to do,but it said i could write to it, so I treid doing the recover, and it said it was busy with another programe. Thats about as fare as I get. Do i need to wait untill it's formatted before I try. Any help would be appreicated

defrage is child's play-fdisk

G

Hi Jiffy,
If I understand you correctly you system doesn't work the way you want it to. so you want to make a recovery cd and reinstall it after changing the partition using Fdisk. If this is the case, remember that a recovery CD will re-install your computer as is it right now (problems included).
I would suggest you do your fdisk/format/re-install, and when your system is as you want it to be (no problems) then burn a recovery.
For you CDRW problem, I always use CDR to do images or recovery. But since it didn't work, you have nothing to loose in waiting for the CDRW format to be completed.

jiffy

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2001
Thanks Drak for your reply. I think your right, I'll format the Cd all the way and have it ready when I fdisk again. My computer usually runs good, but I'm always messing with it and making changes, adding and removing things. After awhile I just think fdisk is the best way to clean it up. Since I like to frag.

btvillarin

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2001
Check out the articles <A HREF="http://content.techweb.com/winmag/columns/explorer/2000/20.htm" target="_new">here</A> and <A HREF="http://content.techweb.com/winmag/columns/explorer/2001/03.htm" target="_new">here</A>.

I bought Drive Image, and it works great. It is a time saver, too, cuz once you have your setup the way you want, and you image it, then you can just go back to it whenever you want. It's great stuff! I also recommend Partition Magic, since you use FDISK a lot. It doesn't kill your data.

I hope that's what you wanted to know, because honestly, I couldn't understand you that well. Sorry.

Don't pay any attention to my chickenscratch. :eek:

jiffy

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2001
Thanks btvillarin. That's what I want to do. To get my system set up, then get that back up to a Cd. I have Norton Ghost and it says it can back up my HHD to a CD, I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the uesful links.