joebuk

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011
This query below was posted on about.com but the poster got not replies.
It's a good query. Anyone got any suggestions?
What come to my mind was that the Win 95 has defaulted to some new default.

"Network Socket Connection-?
I'm running a small home network between a P3 Win 98SE and a P Win 95. I use a Linksys router and a cable modem. I've had the system working in the near past, however when I recently disabled the network on the Win 95 equipped computer to install a cordless keyboard and mouse (had to get rid of the password entry boxes in order to boot the computer) I ran into problems. The reestablished network between the two computers is again working OK but I can't get the Win 95 computer connected to the Internet. I'm getting the following message:
"Netscape was unable to create a network socket connection. There maybe insufficient system resources or the network may be down."
I've looked in the Help section of Netscape, and Windows but have not seen anything regarding a 'network socket connection'. Can anyone offer any insight as to where I can find an answer to my dilemma?
In addition, in the prior setup I had the following: 
"Net BIOS support for IPX/SPX compatible Protocol" listed under the configuration tab. I've not been able to find a way to bring this back, to re-list it."

ncc74656

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2009
netbios is installed by adding a new protocol and enabling net bios support check box in teh settings of your nic. i cant see why netbios would make your 95 box not connect tho... unless you are running a non tcp/ip network.