how do you change desktop icons

how do you change desktop icons? do you need special programs or what?
help please :confused:

--
n.ick
1 answer Last reply

    Rifgt click a folder | Customize tab | Change Icon button

    You cannot customize the My Documents, My Pictures, and My Music folders.
    However, you can customize the folders they contain.

    How to modify your folder view settings or to customize a folder
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;812003

    How to Change the Default Icons for Folders in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310192

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:n.ick.1uuydn@pcbanter.net,
    n.ick <n.ick.1uuydn@pcbanter.net> hunted and pecked:
    > how do you change desktop icons? do you need special programs or what?
    > help please :confused:
    >

    > --
    > n.ick

Configuration Microsoft Customization Desktop Icons Windows XP