New video card upgrade suggestions?

Kevin523

Honorable
Aug 2, 2012
Hello everyone!

I have an HP Pavilion p6404y
Specs:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsplang=en&cc=us&taskId=120&prodSeriesId=4166044&prodTypeId=12454&objectID=c02053862

It comes with an Nvidia Geforce 9100 integrated graphics.

About a year ago I got a recertified PNY Geforce 210 card for about $25.

However - I think the card is starting to die.

I'd l ike to replace this card.

Keep in mind I am not a strong gamer - the only games I play are Nintendo, Super Nintendo and Playstation emulators - so I need a video card strong enough for that - however I don't need a top of the line over $100 video card.

My question is - which card would you recommend? Here's what I want. I want something that will fit into my computer without having go upgrade to a more powerful power supply or bigger case - just something that will fit in easily.

Also I know some of the cards have fans to help cool them - do they have to be plugged in somewhere - or are they powered by the slot?

I am legally blind and can't see/work on the computer myself.

My girlfriend put in the Geforce 210 for me all by herself and it was her first time working inside a computer.

Does anyone have any suggestions that are better than the integrated graphics and geforce 210 - but not high end andexpensive? It doesn't need to be a huge performance boost.

I do use Zoomtext which is a screen enlarging software - and having an okay card seems to help with it.
If anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate it.
Thank you!

Kevin523

Honorable
Aug 2, 2012
Hello,
I notice this card says x16 2.1 pci-e card.
If you look at the specs for my motherboard it says pci-e x16 2.0 slot (or something like that).

So will that card work?

Kevin523

Honorable
Aug 2, 2012
I forgot to add that the card must have DVI output as my monitor only has DVI and VGA. HDMI is not included.

I want a card that is better than the Nvidia Geforce 210 - but not high end - is there a nice card in the middle around 40 to 60 that will work - without upgrading the power supply and case? I just want it to work with my existing HP Pavilion p6404y.

Thanks!