Decision Games Support

Archived from groups: alt.games.wargames (More info?)

Decision Games Support

Recently, as I was going through my games and deciding on the ones to play,
I discovered that I needed replacements for some counters that had mistakes
on them for several games. I asked about them on the Decision Games website.
Lo and behold. An envelope containing them arrived promptly! I am elated.

As I was going through another old Decision Games title 'Empires at War', I
found that in 1994, they had also promptly sent me replacement counters for
this wargame. Again, I cannot give enough praise for the excellent service
rendered.

Thank you Decision Games.

On another note, GMT Games is extremely prompt with errata too. I have more
then fifteen games on their P500 system. As soon as 'Borodino' and
'Alexander the Great Deluxe Edition' arrived, replacement maps and counters
arrived shortly after. Excellent work!

Archived from groups: alt.games.wargames (More info?)

On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 20:51:04 +0800, "Chuang Shyue Chou"
<remove.cyberiad@pacific.net.sg.remove> wrote:

>Decision Games Support
>
>Recently, as I was going through my games and deciding on the ones to play,
>I discovered that I needed replacements for some counters that had mistakes
>on them for several games. I asked about them on the Decision Games website.
>Lo and behold. An envelope containing them arrived promptly! I am elated.
>
>As I was going through another old Decision Games title 'Empires at War', I
>found that in 1994, they had also promptly sent me replacement counters for
>this wargame. Again, I cannot give enough praise for the excellent service
>rendered.
>
>Thank you Decision Games.

It's been a few years, but I've had a similarly good experience with
the Decision Games people (actually, my missing counters were from
Empires at War, too!).

Scott Orr

"Scott D. Orr" <sdorr@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
> It's been a few years, but I've had a similarly good experience with
> the Decision Games people (actually, my missing counters were from
> Empires at War, too!).

May I know if you have tried 'Empires at War'?

I was looking at their depiction of 'Solferino' and Richard Berg's
'Risorgimento 1859' and its simulation of that battle recently. I want to do
a comparison one of these days.

Archived from groups: alt.games.wargames (More info?)

On Sun, 4 Jul 2004 13:27:54 +0800, "Chuang Shyue Chou"
<remove.cyberiad@pacific.net.sg.remove> wrote:

>"Scott D. Orr" <sdorr@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
>> It's been a few years, but I've had a similarly good experience with
>> the Decision Games people (actually, my missing counters were from
>> Empires at War, too!).
>

>May I know if you have tried 'Empires at War'?

I've only played one scenario, and that was maybe a decade ago--I
remember there was some problem that made it not work right, but not
exactly what: it was, as I recall, some kind of weird interaction
between an optional rule and the particular circumstances of that
scenario (I think it was the long-range fire option for the Austrians
that appeared in Moves). In general though I do like Joe Miranda's
leadership rules.

Scott Orr

Archived from groups: alt.games.wargames (More info?)

"Scott D. Orr" <sdorr@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
> >May I know if you have tried 'Empires at War'?
> I've only played one scenario, and that was maybe a decade ago--I
> remember there was some problem that made it not work right, but not
> exactly what: it was, as I recall, some kind of weird interaction
> between an optional rule and the particular circumstances of that
> scenario (I think it was the long-range fire option for the Austrians
> that appeared in Moves). In general though I do like Joe Miranda's
> leadership rules.

When I eventually try it, I will post something. Thanks.

What do you like about the leadership rules?

Recently, I got 'Thirty Years Quad'. I am quite excited over this particular
title.

Archived from groups: alt.games.wargames (More info?)

On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 12:24:58 +0800, "Chuang Shyue Chou"
<remove.cyberiad@pacific.net.sg.remove> wrote:

>"Scott D. Orr" <sdorr@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
>> >May I know if you have tried 'Empires at War'?
>> I've only played one scenario, and that was maybe a decade ago--I
>> remember there was some problem that made it not work right, but not
>> exactly what: it was, as I recall, some kind of weird interaction
>> between an optional rule and the particular circumstances of that
>> scenario (I think it was the long-range fire option for the Austrians
>> that appeared in Moves). In general though I do like Joe Miranda's
>> leadership rules.
>
>When I eventually try it, I will post something. Thanks.
>
>What do you like about the leadership rules?

They recognize the fact that a leader doesn't have complete control
over his troops--I especially like the possibility that subordinates
will not merely sit when ordered to move (like in some games) but will
sometimes move in ways you'd rather they didn't.

>Recently, I got 'Thirty Years Quad'. I am quite excited over this particular
>title.

I haven't seen that one.

Scott Orr