Audigy DE + DTT 2200

G

Ok firstly im a FULL on newb regarding sound. That out of the way, i plan to start watching dvds on my pc and would be great to have surround sound.

If i were to buy an audigy s/c and pair it up with creative dtt2200 speakers, would i b able to get dolby digital surround?

thx for any helpful comments :)

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Finite on 10/07/01 10:46 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Yes, you would! That's an excellent combination. The DTT 2500 comes with a Dolby Digital decoder.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

G

argg sorry for the misleading, i was meant to put 2200 instead of 2500. big difference there, esp the price :(

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Dolby Digital 5.1 decoding will still work, but it will be handled by the driver of the Audigy, so it will work but it'll be slightly slower depending on your processor. If you have a 1GHz+ processor then you'll be fine.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

Amonte

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2001
Sorry I have no clue about audio .. so does that mean if I get the Audigy and use any regular speakers the card will do the digital decoding and I'll still get surround sound?

With my current sound card the sound dies out sometimes and the only way I get sound back is if I restart my computer :( So I'm thinking about getting a new card. I'm running an AMD 1.2GHz T-bird.

Thanks for the info!

:tongue: <font color=red>"Never pick a fight with an ugly person .. they have nothing to lose" </font color=red> :tongue:

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
You'll need digtal surround sound speakers but you won't need an external Dolby Digital Decoder.