Desktop-Wallpaper Anomaly

Hi,

I have noticed that in my Desktop items to select as Wallpaper, I have
somehow, managed to add a lot of pictures from my own internal picture
folder, but also a large number of other JPG files from somewhere else. I
am trying to get the Desktop wallpaper to reset back to how it was. Can
anyone help my in how I can do this?

Thanks

Greg Matthews
4 answers Last reply
More about desktop wallpaper anomaly

    Greg

    Any picture contained in My Documents - My Pictures becomes fair game for
    use as wallpaper.. if you do not want this to happen, create another folder
    for pictures that you do not want as wallpaper..

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "Greg Matthews" <greg.matthews2000@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have noticed that in my Desktop items to select as Wallpaper, I have
    > somehow, managed to add a lot of pictures from my own internal picture
    > folder, but also a large number of other JPG files from somewhere else. I
    > am trying to get the Desktop wallpaper to reset back to how it was. Can
    > anyone help my in how I can do this?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Greg Matthews

    Isn't this the same question Eddy was asking (03/09/05 1:45PM AEST) ?

    I have looked at this a bit , but can't find an answer. Help from the
    experts is needed :-))

    --
    Cheers,
    Trevor L.

    On Mon, 5 Sep 2005 01:51:55 +0100, Greg Matthews wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have noticed that in my Desktop items to select as Wallpaper, I have
    > somehow, managed to add a lot of pictures from my own internal picture
    > folder, but also a large number of other JPG files from somewhere else. I
    > am trying to get the Desktop wallpaper to reset back to how it was. Can
    > anyone help my in how I can do this?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Greg Matthews

    If these are images from the My Pictures folder, you can:

    -Add more than 100 image files to the My Pictures folder. Doing so causes
    the wallpaper list to revert back to showing wallpapers stored only in
    Windows and Windows\web\wallpaper.

    -Don't use the My Pictures folder.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    Greg....I woke up to the same problem...don't know how they got there either.
    No way to "delete" and can't find a file folder that contains all the
    backgrounds. Hope someone can come up with a solution other than just keep
    adding pictures...I've got over 100 images in "My Pictures", altho they're in
    different files. Need something simple...Thanks, Lee

    "Greg Matthews" wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have noticed that in my Desktop items to select as Wallpaper, I have
    > somehow, managed to add a lot of pictures from my own internal picture
    > folder, but also a large number of other JPG files from somewhere else. I
    > am trying to get the Desktop wallpaper to reset back to how it was. Can
    > anyone help my in how I can do this?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Greg Matthews

Configuration Desktops Wallpaper Windows XP