Sign in with
Your question

Games crashes around 5-10 minutes after start

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Anonymous
August 7, 2012 1:48:44 PM

Hello everybody,
Recently, my computer started to do crazy things. I don't have idea what started this madness but whichever game I install (MMO, RTS, FPS etc.) It's loads on start normally and after 5 or 10 minutes normal play the game stops, screen goes to single color depends on the game (for example: If the game took place in jungle, then the screens turns into dark green, with some strange patterns). After I press Ctrl+Alt+Del, screen goes black and sometimes after 5 minutes the blue menu with task manager option appears (win7), sometimes I have to simply unplug the computer from source and then turn on again. Also if the menu appears and I click the task manager option, my desktop appears but I'm still unable to click anything, my cursor is the same as in game (not normal arrow) so the only way how to solve it is log off user and log in again. I downloaded newest GPU drivers, but it didn't fix the problem.

My computer specifications:
- Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
- Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q9400, 2.66GHz
- ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series
- 8 GB RAM (2x CL5 Kingston 4GB DDR2)
- Motherboard: ASUS P5Q-E 2Gb LAN

Also in one game which I have installed (League of Legends) this problem doesn't occur. I have no idea why, but I can play this one game without problems.

PS: Sorry for my bad english, it's not my native and I'm still learning :) 
August 7, 2012 2:01:35 PM

It could be your card is over heating or isn't getting enough power, make sure it's plugged in properly to your PSU and monitor the temperatures while you play.
August 7, 2012 2:03:00 PM

Id say either your vid card is dying or your PSU. If you have access to other hardware, try swapping it out. Or temps as mentioned above me :) 
Related resources
!