Amd phenom 1100t black edition overclocked to 4.2ghz

davedavidson1987

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2011
Well basically what happened was i recently tried to swap over to a new motherboard with a i7 3770k and found freezing issues, i have come to find my sli 6950's are on there way out because i rebuilt my amd sytem and found the same issues just not as extreme, and can atleast play for a while, no idea why :lol: but basically i saved the money up for the cpu and motherboard, then to realise my graphics cards are pooing up, so yeah i could keep the i7 and motherboard, but soon it will leave me without a pc lol, so i've decided to send it back and use other money i have saved up plus the refund from my intel stuff to get a decent replacement card, and wait for the improved 22nm haswell proccesers early next year.

verbalizer

Distinguished
HD 6950's in CF-X is more or less equal too GTX 560 Ti's in SLi, maybe more.
but anyways that's around the GTX 680 range..

other note:
you might just have had a buggy board with the 3770K..

Haswell will be a nice move....
+1

davedavidson1987

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2011

what's around the 680 range? and yeah i thought that hopefully haswell willl have all of the thrills of ivybridge, but without the thermal spills :lol:

cuecuemore

Distinguished
As always, there is no way to answer this question without more information. What games are you looking at playing? And if you want the thrills of Ivy without the thermals, go Sandy.

davedavidson1987

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2011

I understand your reasoning for going sandybridge, but me personally dont see the point of jumping back a proccesor generation, also clock for clockk the ivybridge is faster, so effectively if haswell sticks to intels supposed "tick tock" process, the tock being haswell, it means hopefully the haswell proccesor will have the increased clock for clock speed of the ivybridge, but without the thermals, so will be able to clock even higher therfore should potentially be able to cream sandybridge, also haswell is based on a new socket type, the "1150" socket, therefore meaning if i wait i have a clear upgrade path from that proccessor, whereas if i go sandybridge, i can only get an ivybrisge as a pointless upgrade, or go backwards :lol:

cuecuemore

Distinguished
Jumping back? I can run my 2500k at 5.0GHz 24/7 with my H50 and at 5.2 for everyday use. If you're really lucky, you can get a 3570k to 4.6 on an H50. My 2500k at 5.0/5.2 will stomp a 3570k @ 4.6.